is there Pokemon Black/White Mod

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by bloodliketheatla, Sep 7, 2011.

Sep 7, 2011
  1. bloodliketheatla
    OP

Member bloodliketheatla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi. I keep seeing mods for Pokemon Black/White that add all the past pokemon to bring the total up to the 649 (I think?) that exist so far. But all of the ones I have seen make other changes like changing the storyline or the difficulty, etc.

I am looking for a hack that ONLY adds these extra pokemon, and preferably one that doesn't do so arbitrarily (i.e. you can catch any of them wherever.)

It would be nice if they had to be found only in certain locations where other pokemon of the same type that are actually in Black/White might appear. Also if a pokemon was difficult to catch in a previous game then its also difficult to catch (and find) in this hack. If its possible, these extra pokemon wouldn't be available until a second play-through or until you complete the game, etc.

Does something like this exist? Please let me know.

And to all the people out there that are modding Pokemon games, you're doing great work - it's just that I want to play the game as it is while still being able to "catch them all" without all the weird transfer crap.

Thanks!

2. bobwuzhere1224

Member bobwuzhere1224 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So you're looking for a mod that only adds pokemon with no pokemon changes and any changes to game?

3. bloodliketheatla
    OP

Member bloodliketheatla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think that sums up what I said.

4. jflower

Newcomer jflower Member

Netherlands
    Thats easy, and not necessary. U can add pokemon urself.
    Or give me one real good reason what fun it is, and ill do it for u.
    because if its a good reason ( what i dont think) then ill use it for other people as well.

5. 727

Member 727 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I doubt that many people would be interested in it; the hacks legitimately improve on every aspect.

6. bobwuzhere1224

Member bobwuzhere1224 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Quoted for truth, Fan hacks take things that are terrible in the game and make them not so terrible. Take Drayano's Hack for example. Beedrill in the normal games is only usuable for 1 or 2 gyms but dray boosted it's stats to make more usable for 6 gyms. After playing these hacks the regular games dont appeal as much anymore.