Gaming Is there just not going to be an Animal Crossing Direct?

SpiritofAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The game is now less than 2 months away.

Since E3, we've had one more trailer in September, and that was just regurgitating the exact same information we were given at E3. Okay, it obviously had new scenes and showed off some of the new hourly-music which sounded great, but still, they only showed off the very beginning where you can craft some basic items and have your own tent. Every event that New Horizons has been at in Japan (Nintendo Live, Jump Festa, Video Game Hobby World) has shown off the same screenshots - most of them just taken from the September Direct.. and this is supposed to be one of Nintendo's flagship games. New Leaf sold 12 million units.

Earlier this month, it seemed like things were picking up when they showed off the box-art and revealed the mini-commercial (which again had nothing new, but I at least thought 'okay, this is just the start of the marketing campaign.'), but since January 2nd Isabelle's account hasn't tweeted once. I just find it really strange... what's going on? Is the game really just going to be that shallow, where crafting is the only new addition?

I had assumed that we were going to get a general Nintendo Direct this month, advertising an Animal Crossing Direct to come in February... but neither has happened. It's clearly going to be a general Nintendo Direct early February judging by what insiders are saying - and if that's the case, maybe that just means we won't get an Animal Crossing Direct? I can't see them having a general Direct and an Animal Crossing Direct so close together.

Anyway, this was just me rambling and complaining mostly because I've been waiting 7 years for this game..... :rofl2:
What do you think about the situation? Am I over-exaggerating?

Reactions: nantalos

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they realized that 40 minutes of doing chores and paying your mortgage is even more boring than counting frames in Smash.

The_Debt_Collector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The best answer you'll get is "we don't know". You might see front page news tomorrow saying that there will be an Animal Crossing direct in two days. I think there probably will be one.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard there is two directs rumoured to be coming up so honestly, I think they'll announce one a short time before it actually comes out.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard there is two directs rumoured to be coming up so honestly, I think they'll announce one a short time before it actually comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't