Gaming Is there any danger to my steam account?

fi3rcedragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I was about to install a pirated version of Serious Sam HD, when I realized that it required Steam. So, I unmounted the iso, and deleted the file completely.

Now, I had Steam open with my account logged in, but I did not install and play the game (I didn't even run the installer).

Sorry if this violates any of the rules, but I was just wondering if I was in any danger of getting an account ban.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
No you will be alright seeing as you did not even install the game you have nothing to worry about, I played 3 games of pirated MW2 before I realised I was logged into my main steam account and nothing has happened to me. you can make a new account and log into that if you want to play Serious Sam.

fi3rcedragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, thanks. It'd be so crap to lose my Steam account, I've got a at least 200-300 dollars worth of games on there.
frown.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive been pirating MW2 and playing it through steam ever since it came out, so far my account seems to have stayed.

Basically if you want to do any un-legit gaming on steam just make another account and play pirated games on it, JUST to be on the safe side...

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends. it if installs INTO your steam then there might be a chance and i'll recommend making a brand new account, but then again your account only f***s up if you ether get vac banned or it gets locked by multiple IPs logging into it. If it's an independent game and you just add it as a non-steam game then no worries.

EDIT: wait, i though those types of games only activate it cracked steam?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, then play it