Is there a way to inject N64 save files into NSO?

Chuardo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I have a Paper Mario 64 VC save on my Wii that I know there are tools to extract my save file in order to use it on regular emulators, I would like to know if there is a way to inject said save file into the official N64 emulator made by Nintendo on Switch, I have looked for a way to do this everywhere and I couldn't find any concrete info but maybe someone over here knows how to do it

Edit: I managed to do it, I extracted my Wii VC filesave with Savefile Manager GX and got an EEP out of it, I extracted my Switch NSO N64 save file with JKSV, there was a folder with cartridge.sram on it, I deleted it, renamed my EEP savefile and placed it on the same place. I inyected that on my Switch with JKSV and that's it.

Last edited by Chuardo,

gowar6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have a Paper Mario 64 VC save on my Wii that I know there are tools to extract my save file in order to use it on regular emulators, I would like to know if there is a way to inject said save file into the official N64 emulator made by Nintendo on Switch, I have looked for a way to do this everywhere and I couldn't find any concrete info but maybe someone over here knows how to do it

Edit: I managed to do it, I extracted my Wii VC filesave with Savefile Manager GX and got an EEP out of it, I extracted my Switch NSO N64 save file with JKSV, there was a folder with cartridge.sram on it, I deleted it, renamed my EEP savefile and placed it on the same place. I inyected that on my Switch with JKSV and that's it.
How did you managed to do it? I've tried the same as you did for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but all i got is when i launch the game, the save is nowhere to be seen.
What NSO version did you use when you do this save file trick? Probably mine failed because it has something to do with the newer NSO version (The save file trick might be patched because of it).

Edit: Never mind, managed to do it. Bless the person or people who created this tool (ED64 SaveSwap).

Last edited by gowar6,
Reactions: Chuardo

rewen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone else needing help, I tried to detail the process here in a thread here called "Import N64 OOT .srm save to N64 Online .sram save". I unfortunately can't post links yet.

Reactions: Chuardo

xaxa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Wrecks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you managed to do it? I've tried the same as you did for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but all i got is when i launch the game, the save is nowhere to be seen.
What NSO version did you use when you do this save file trick? Probably mine failed because it has something to do with the newer NSO version (The save file trick might be patched because of it).

Edit: Never mind, managed to do it. Bless the person or people who created this tool (ED64 SaveSwap).
what was the trick for OOT? I can't seem to make it work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-