Gaming Is there a way to fix Sonic Mania's severe lag on the Switch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,405
  • Replies 57
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I've noticed that when I try to access the Home Menu it takes a really long time and even then it takes me to the menu to suspend/shut down the console, or even able to play the game while that's visible. This delay is also on the screen capture button as I can tell since I had to press a couple of times to take a screenshot.

I have deleted the game and redownloaded but it didn't fix anything.

Game Xplain made a video about this so this is affecting others too.

This is pretty annoying 'cause when I'm done playing Sonic Mania I just want to suspend the Switch and this way I can't without taking ages (or hard shutting down).

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that when I try to access the Home Menu it takes a really long time and even then it takes me to the menu to suspend/shut down the console, or even able to play the game while that's visible. This delay is also on the screen capture button as I can tell since I had to press a couple of times to take a screenshot.

I have deleted the game and redownloaded but it didn't fix anything.

Game Xplain made a video about this so this is affecting others too.

This is pretty annoying 'cause when I'm done playing Sonic Mania I just want to suspend the Switch and this way I can't without taking ages (or hard shutting down).

Sega already know about the issue they even talked about it the day the game came out. You just need to wait on the patch they are making to fix the issue.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Sega already know about the issue they even talked about it the day the game came out. You just need to wait on the patch they are making to fix the issue.
Will they also fix the special stages?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I think all you can do is wait and hope they address the framerate issue on the fake-3d stages. And fixes the home button problem. I also have this problem.
If I knew from the get go that there was framerate issues in the switch version, I would have bought it on PS4 instead.

Last edited by Elrinth,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
has it been confirmed that the bugs are going to be fixed though?
While I don't believe it's been confirmed, it's usually a fair assumption to say such a glaringly obvious bug will be fixed.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its an issue, but I mean you just have to wait like 2 extra seconds, and its only for going to the home menu and grabbing a screen capture. So I guess if you're trying to take screenshots it may be a bit of an issue, but if the complaint is that it takes "too long" to get to the home menu, then frankly I don't really see that as a real issue. Great if they patch it, but I can certainly live with it as it is now.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Switch version owner here. The home button lag is noticeable, but I never got a single framedrop during gameplay. Running from internal memory (as opposed to μSD or physical release), it if could matter.

Reactions: MajinCubyan
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Yeah its an issue, but I mean you just have to wait like 2 extra seconds, and its only for going to the home menu and grabbing a screen capture. So I guess if you're trying to take screenshots it may be a bit of an issue, but if the complaint is that it takes "too long" to get to the home menu, then frankly I don't really see that as a real issue. Great if they patch it, but I can certainly live with it as it is now.
2 secs? If only.

Reactions: SonyNintendoGamer1

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 3DS (at least with homebrew), the HOME button is handled when you call aptMainLoop() in your main loop. (cooperative multitasking, a nice throwback to the 1980s!) I suspect they screwed that up here.

The real WTF is that Nintendo's QA allowed a game with broken HOME button handling instead of sending it back for fixes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: