Hacking Is there a way to create my own exploit save file?

Adanos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My dumb brother updated the software of our PSV to 3.15 and there's no way to downgrade it. I cannot find any exploit files for this version. I've bought Numblast for Europe (because I live there) to hack. Is there any way to make my own exploit save file for this game on Firmware 3.15?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My dumb brother updated the software of our PSV to 3.15 and there's no way to downgrade it. I cannot find any exploit files for this version. I've bought Numblast for Europe (because I live there) to hack. Is there any way to make my own exploit save file for this game on Firmware 3.15?

short answer: no.

3.15 patched the exploit. So unless you're a professional hacker who can discover exploits and vulnerabilities (which I highly doubt) then you're SOL...for now. Did your previously hacked Vita play PSP ISOS? I'm thinking about getting a vita to hack to play my PSP ISOS on. (not buy PSV games)

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Finding a userland psp mode exploit, good for homebrew but not backup loading, isn't the most difficult thing, there's a few tutorials on wololo for getting started with that. But odds are all the cheap games have already been tested or patched.

Adanos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I haven't tried to hack the ISOs before because my brother got this handheld before me and he updated it after unboxing...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
http://wololo.net/2014/06/06/will-there-be-a-new-release-of-a-ps-vita-ecfw-in-near-future/ < There's talk of a new kernel mode exploit on 3.15 from Acid_Snake from the ARK firmware. The biggest problem with this, as mentioned in the wololo post, is that when total_noob left the scene he didn't release the source for his TN-CFW stuff for the Vita, so we'd only be left with ARK (which is really nice, but TN's stuff was just better).

As for finding your own...yeeeah there's a slim chance. It would honestly be cheaper and so much easier to just buy a PSP, they go for pretty cheap nowadays.

Here's a link to one of the tutorials on wololo that Vappy mentioned: http://wololo.net/2014/04/18/pspvita-how-to-find-your-own-exploits/

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. It has been possible (But highly dependent upon the game) to find more than one exploit in a single game's saved data. Thing is, if you're looking for another one, chances are:

A) People have already looked
B) It's unlikely to be another buffer overflow exploit

But good news, Wololo's got a guide up on his site somewhere. Search around for it. I've found crashes. Haven't really gone further than that though. You'll have to settle for a Usermode exploit for now, provided you do find one, but who knows? Maybe one of the devs (if possible - it's been possible in the past, albeit unlikely now) will find a way to port eCFW to the (your?) newest-future-exploit.

Hell I think mine's still on 2.x. I've got emulators and Isos. Love it. But I've got another Vita with the highest ofw. If I had to choose, I'd choose my legit Vita. I've played the hell out of my PSP. However, having the Vita on a lower firmware for... well... a LONG time, could be a plus. Many people do this with their systems. If a vulnerability is found, leading to native Vita hacking, then you'll probably want to be on a lower firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?