Is there a way to create my own exploit save file?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Adanos, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Adanos
    OP

Adanos Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    Poland
    My dumb brother updated the software of our PSV to 3.15 and there's no way to downgrade it. I cannot find any exploit files for this version. I've bought Numblast for Europe (because I live there) to hack. Is there any way to make my own exploit save file for this game on Firmware 3.15?

2. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    short answer: no.

3.15 patched the exploit. So unless you're a professional hacker who can discover exploits and vulnerabilities (which I highly doubt) then you're SOL...for now. Did your previously hacked Vita play PSP ISOS? I'm thinking about getting a vita to hack to play my PSP ISOS on. (not buy PSV games)

3. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Finding a userland psp mode exploit, good for homebrew but not backup loading, isn't the most difficult thing, there's a few tutorials on wololo for getting started with that. But odds are all the cheap games have already been tested or patched.

4. Vappy
    This message by Vappy has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 8, 2014, Reason: Double post -rp.
    Jun 8, 2014
  5. Adanos
    OP

Adanos Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    Poland
    I haven't tried to hack the ISOs before because my brother got this handheld before me and he updated it after unboxing...

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    http://wololo.net/2014/06/06/will-there-be-a-new-release-of-a-ps-vita-ecfw-in-near-future/ < There's talk of a new kernel mode exploit on 3.15 from Acid_Snake from the ARK firmware. The biggest problem with this, as mentioned in the wololo post, is that when total_noob left the scene he didn't release the source for his TN-CFW stuff for the Vita, so we'd only be left with ARK (which is really nice, but TN's stuff was just better).

As for finding your own...yeeeah there's a slim chance. It would honestly be cheaper and so much easier to just buy a PSP, they go for pretty cheap nowadays.

Here's a link to one of the tutorials on wololo that Vappy mentioned: http://wololo.net/2014/04/18/pspvita-how-to-find-your-own-exploits/

7. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Maybe. It has been possible (But highly dependent upon the game) to find more than one exploit in a single game's saved data. Thing is, if you're looking for another one, chances are:

A) People have already looked
    B) It's unlikely to be another buffer overflow exploit

But good news, Wololo's got a guide up on his site somewhere. Search around for it. I've found crashes. Haven't really gone further than that though. You'll have to settle for a Usermode exploit for now, provided you do find one, but who knows? Maybe one of the devs (if possible - it's been possible in the past, albeit unlikely now) will find a way to port eCFW to the (your?) newest-future-exploit.

Hell I think mine's still on 2.x. I've got emulators and Isos. Love it. But I've got another Vita with the highest ofw. If I had to choose, I'd choose my legit Vita. I've played the hell out of my PSP. However, having the Vita on a lower firmware for... well... a LONG time, could be a plus. Many people do this with their systems. If a vulnerability is found, leading to native Vita hacking, then you'll probably want to be on a lower firmware.