Is there a way to abuse demos?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Janthran, Jan 20, 2012.

Jan 20, 2012

Is there a way to abuse demos? by Janthran at 6:00 AM (1,008 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Janthran
    OP

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    They're play-limited, so wouldn't it be possible to do something to let us play them without the limits?
    Where does it store the data of how many times we've played? To the eShop or the system or the SD card?

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'm pretty sure if there was a way, we would all know about it.

I would think you could format the whole system and you would be able to download it again... except you would lose all your Streetpass data and what not.

30 plays is more than enough... and if you want more, buying the game is an option. Resident Evil comes out in less than a month...

3. xym814

Newcomer xym814 Newbie

China
    I think the data of play times should be stored on 3DS system RAM ,I have backuped all of the data on SD card,then I played one time,and restore all of the data to SD card.THE 3DS system still shows that I have played one time >_

4. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    abusing them is not really worth it, just finish them in one use and all, but limited tries is nasty, wii had unlimited demos.

5. Janthran
    OP

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    No, I'm pretty sure we'd have to look for it.

6. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    As for hacking the counts, I think they'll be stored on the internal NAND so it's likely not possible until the firmware's opened up. However, I think I'd probably be sick of the Resi demo after 10 plays, let alone 30. The game is fine, but the demo is very short, which makes you wonder why they put a limit on it in the first place. I mean, it's not exactly like you can complete the game or get the same satisfaction as playing the full version.

My kids enjoy the Cooking Mama demo, but they have enough Cooking Mama games on DS and iPhone for it not to be that much of a big deal when the demo's gone. I'll probably wait until the price drops before buying the full game.