Homebrew Is there a region free cia?

JohnathanMonkey

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2013
Messages
635
Reaction score
201
Trophies
1
Age
39
XP
807
Country
United States
I am looking for a cia that i can install to make the 3ds region free. Does such a thing exist or is it even possible? Thanks.
 
The famicom version of NES remix is the major game I am looking to play. I will see if I need to enable it in luma first.

EDIT: I enabled region free in Luma, but it still goes to an error has occurred screen. Any ideas?
 
Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,
The famicom version of NES remix is the major game I am looking to play. I will see if I need to enable it in luma first.

EDIT: I enabled region free in Luma, but it still goes to an error has occurred screen. Any ideas?
Try dumping it and installing it as a CIA. You could also try a out of region CIA from that iso site. Or try launching it from the Homebrew Launcher.
 
Try dumping it and installing it as a CIA. You could also try a out of region CIA from that iso site. Or try launching it from the Homebrew Launcher.

I installed it from a cia file. I'm not too worried about it anyway. Thanks anyway!
 
I have no idea what the issue is then. I selected the region free emulation. I downloaded it from freeshop I believe.
 
I have no idea what the issue is then. I selected the region free emulation. I downloaded it from freeshop I believe.
The "Region free emulation" option doesn't do anything by itself.

Luma3DS is region-free. The emulation option is for games that use the system region as a key to look up data, and then crash because said data doesn't exist in region-specific versions.

What game are you trying to run, and which region?
 
The "Region free emulation" option doesn't do anything by itself.

Luma3DS is region-free. The emulation option is for games that use the system region as a key to look up data, and then crash because said data doesn't exist in region-specific versions.

What game are you trying to run, and which region?

I have a few, but mainly the famicom version of NES remix. I'm really not that concerned about it, I just thought someone on here might be able to help. I wasn't sure what that option was, I just checked it to see if it would help.
 
What you need to do is create a language emulation file. First, you need to look up the title ID. (Famicom Remix is 0004000000131F00)

Next, create a text file on your SD card: /luma/locales/0004000000131F00.txt

In this file, you put a single line that looks like this:
Code:
JPN JP
This tells Luma to emulate system region JPN with language JP when running title 00040000-00131F00.
 
Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: -a
What you need to do is create a language emulation file. First, you need to look up the title ID. (Famicom Remix is 0004000000131F00)

Next, create a text file on your SD card: /luma/locales/0004000000131F00.txt

In this file, you put a single line that looks like this:
Code:
JPN JP
This tells Luma to emulate system region JPN with language JP when running title 00040000-00131F00.

Interesting. Is this something I will need to do for all, it this case, non-USA based games? Thank you.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted