Is there a post or website with the main basic Java commands/syntax?

AT-LOWDeSu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess what I should have said is-- Are there any good Java courses you guys know of that respect the intellect of the reader? Most people struggle when learning programming, but i'm mostly 'reviewing' so I don't want to have to sift through things-- so I was hoping for a pretty straightforward guide.

Original:

I know this seems like a strange question. But basically, I learned Java back in Highschool so I understand the basic idea behind everything, from strings to arrays to classes. But sitting down in front of netbeans, I feel like I don't remember anything.

My first idea was to pull up a tutorial and go through it, but it's incredibly mind numbing learning about strings and loops again, so I was wondering if someone has a page with the syntax involved with most of this jazz. Something I could look at, go 'oh okay, let's try this and play around with this' to sort of 'teach myself' the fundamentals-- instead of sifting through a boring guide.

If not, obviously i'll just hit up the sun tutorials and try to power through them-- but i'm being lazy. So if you have any ideas let me know.

Last edited by AT-LOWDeSu,
D

Deleted User

You seem to be in the uncomfortable zone where you know the language, but can't recall functions, methods, and the like on the spot. That's OK, this is normal. The best thing you can do at this point is just refer to the documentation whenever you need help with a certain method or need to accomplish something specific, and to practice frequently. Starting from square one is going to be a waste of your time at this point. Work on a game, a save editor, or a Discord bot to get the gears rolling in your head. Even if you don't finish said project, you'll come out with a better understanding of the nuances of the language.

It's OK for a programmer not to know everything in advance. Even professionals frequent online documentation, Google, and Stack Overflow, especially that last one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol