Is there a 3DS to Controller homebrew app?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wyll001, Aug 14, 2014.

1. wyll001
    OP

wyll001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    Brazil
    I'm look for a Homebrew that turns my 3DS into a PC Gamepad, i tried a few for DS and the one i most liked was DS2Key, but there was two problems, one that use keyboard key instead of PPJoy, and since is a DS homebrew, not cycle pad support. I found a PSP Homebrew exactly the way i wanted, i don't remember the right name, but i think it was PSP Mango's Controller, since it uses PPJoy, it turns the PSP into an actual Gamepad instead of keyboard keys, that is exactly what i want, i just don't use much because PSP was not meant to use Wi-fi for more than an hour, otherwise it overheat and blows, so, there is something similar for 3DS? recap: 3DS homebrew that turns console's button presses and cycle pad into PPJoy (not keyboard) button presses. Thank, Peace!

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You're posting in the wrong section - this forum is dedicated for Homebrew Bounty competition entries, you're asking for an application (that doesn't exist as far as I know). I'll move the thread to the appropriate section.

EDIT: Adjusted the thread title and moved it to 3DS Hacking and Homebrew - you'll get your answers there.

3. wyll001
    OP

wyll001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    Brazil
    very sorry, i thought that with Bounty you mean, you know, Bounty hunting, haha, sorry.:P

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    No biggy - you should find your answers here, glad that I could "help out". By the way, are you looking for such a wrapper for 3DS games or for DS games? Because if it's for 3DS ones then I'll tell you right off the bat that such a thing does not exist (yet), at least to my knowledge.

5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    A 3ds homebrew app doesn't exist for that yet. I don't know if the networking functionality for homebrew is done yet, but I'm sure it'll get there.

6. outlaw1994

outlaw1994 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2011
    as a small time homebrew coder(some ds stuff) amd looking into 3ds development i wouldnt mind doing something like this but will need to study a bit more before i can even start

7. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Well there's some good news and bad news. The bad news is that there's no 3ds app for that yet.

HOWEVER the good news is that you can use a PSP as a controller via USB http://foosa.do.am/load/

Ya dig dug dawg g yo? word...

8. zerofalcon

zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    Somewhere close to my NES
    Only in NDS mode there is an app called Padsend and works with PPjoy... but yes, no analogue circle pad support.

9. wyll001
    OP

wyll001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    Brazil
    Uhh.. i really didn't get that last line, but for the sake of this talk, i'll make clear as the water of a healing spring: i already found that app for PSP, but no jobs when using USB, and a PSP that stays one hour connected to Wi-fi are surely like Naruto Storm 3 for PC: Full Burst.

10. wyll001
    OP

wyll001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    Brazil
    Thanks anyways.

11. pokefan92

pokefan92 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    Come on, buy a gamepad in aliexpress for a few bucks and don't damage your 3ds... Every time you use your console it suffers, until the point it won't work. Don't be silly, it will happen. Using your console as a PC gamepad will make quicker this situation... So come on, go to aliexpress, dealextreme, or similar and buy a gamepad instead of making suffer your 3ds...

12. Nickname863

Nickname863 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Interwebs
    Xenon Hacks likes this.
  13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States