ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Super Mario 3D World is worlds better than Land. The stages are a lot more creative and varied, as well as some new mechanics that make for really interesting gameplay. That's just an opinion, but I think it's one most people who have played (and beat) both share.
Have you actually played both?
Yes I have played both, I am currently completing every stage with the 5 characters...

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did post my thoughts on the Wii U. I just used examples to make my point. It's not just weekly sales estimates I'm taking into consideration. Sales have been trending or the Wii U like this since around November. Again, I do what I want. Even Especially if you find it disconcerting.

Reactions: Bobbybangin

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me? This sh*t again? First it was about the jews, then it was specifically about Polish women, now you're using the all-encompasing term "Eastern European"? You know that's racism/ultranationalism, right? Or was that not clear the first several times you got warned for it?
Eh, just report him.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to stop treating backwards compatibility as a benefit because it's the fixation on backwards compatibility that got Nintendo into this mess in the first place when everybody else let go of their inhibitions and moved on.
That's not true. You're acting like everyone who has a Wii U also had a Wii. It opens up thousands of games for people who don't want to buy a new console. It's also good for people who want to sell their old Wii and keep their favorite games. Whether it was a good choice OVERALL to include it is debatable, but it's certainly appealing to a lot of people.

The Xbox One and the PS4 struggle in reaching 1080p in their games, but there are good reasons for it - those games are several times more advanced than earlier.
Have you played the new Donkey Kong game? You can see little hairs on his back. Or Wind Waker HD. Or Nano Assault Neo. Or pretty much anything that wasn't quickly ported over from a weaker console.

This is not a matter of graphics whoring - again, this is a matter of hardware obsoleteness, and the fact that it can be powered by a cigarette lighter port impresses no one when there's very little to actually play on the system, power efficiency means nothing when you can't use it.
Everyone keeps saying that, but it's not true. Your stuck believing something that hasn't been true for a year. There are tons of games for it, even if you don't count the Wii library. I have maybe 2 dozen Wii U games that I play regularly, and there are still tons that I haven't purchased.

TL;DR: Get with the times, bro.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The truth is that Wii U isn't a console for everyone and with Nintendo failing to put out convicing advertisements it didn't help it neither, plus making it so niche made the console's fanbase smaller.

But I digress, it has the games I want so I'm not gonna make this any longer.

Nintendo's best console? I wanted to say SNES but the games released for it were censored whereas the SMD versions were uncensored so... I dunno. I won't say NES, SNES, N64, NGC, Wii or WU (home consoles only) it's hard for any to be considered the best.

NES library of games were quantity over quality and with the popular LJN nightmares it just made things worse but that's not to say the console doesn't have great games, it does although the shitty ones have more spotlight.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's not true. You're acting like everyone who has a Wii U also had a Wii. It opens up thousands of games for people who don't want to buy a new console. It's also good for people who want to sell their old Wii and keep their favorite games. Whether it was a good choice OVERALL to include it is debatable, but it's certainly appealing to a lot of people.
The sales of the system tell a different story. "A lot" is a terrible marketing term since it doesn't actually specify an amount. Again, as I said in my post, backwards compatibility is a good thing initially, directly after the launch, but when it inhibits progress, you should forget about it and move on.
Have you played the new Donkey Kong game? You can see little hairs on his back. Or Wind Waker HD. Or Nano Assault Neo. Or pretty much anything that wasn't quickly ported over from a weaker console.
I still maintain that Wind Waker HD looks terrible, the polycount on the environments is laughable in some parts. I'm not saying that the Wii U is terrible, I'm saying that it's substantially weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One and that's partially why we're not seeing many multiplatform titles on it.
Everyone keeps saying that, but it's not true. Your stuck believing something that hasn't been true for a year. There are tons of games for it, even if you don't count the Wii library. I have maybe 2 dozen Wii U games that I play regularly, and there are still tons that I haven't purchased.
If I were to buy a Wii U, which I inevitably will when it drops in price, I can currently think of only a handful of games I would actually buy for it and most of them are Nintendo exclusives. I'm glad that you're playing 2 dozen Wii U games, but for the same (or actually lower) price people can buy an Xbox 360/PS3 and enjoy 700-1100+ at lower prices and comparable quality. The Wii U is just not a significant step up that was expected from Nintendo.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The sales of the system tell a different story. "A lot" is a terrible marketing term since it doesn't actually specify an amount. Again, as I said in my post, backwards compatibility is a good thing initially, directly after the launch, but when it inhibits progress, you should forget about it and move on.
I still maintain that Wind Waker HD looks terrible, the polycount on the environments is laughable in some parts.
Actually I'm not sure how I'd rate that. I don't like cel shading because it seems like intentional bad graphics, lol.
I'm not saying that the Wii U is terrible, I'm saying that it's substantially weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One and that's partially why we're not seeing many multiplatform titles on it.
No argument here.
If I were to buy a Wii U, which I inevitably will when it drops in price, I can currently thing of only a handful of games I would actually buy for it and most of them are Nintendo exclusives. I'm glad that you're playing 2 dozen Wii U games, but for the same price people can buy an Xbox 360/PS3 and enjoy 700+ at lower prices and comparable quality.
On that note, I suggest you start buying your games from somewhere like Amazon. I generally get all my games at $10-20 once they're a month or two old. You just have to watch the fluctuation in prices.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually I'm not sure how I'd rate that. I don't like cel shading because it seems like intentional bad graphics, lol.
I don't have beef with celshading, just some of the models. They look as if they were straight-up ripped out of the GameCube game. I mean, c'mon...
AqXg5As.png

*screenshot courtesy of Game Grumps*
Enter Hexagonal Posts! Strap in, we're heading towards Next Gen!
No argument here.
I'm glad we can agree at least to that extent. I personally think it's a liability. In this day and age, console manufacturers should work towards having the broadest possible games library, and this includes multiplatform titles.
On that note, I suggest you start buying your games from somewhere like Amazon. I generally get all my games at $10-20 once they're a month or two old. You just have to watch the fluctuation in prices.
Oh, don't you worry - I know my way around bargain bins. :P

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have never played a xone or ps4 game it doenst even compare graphic wise they blow the wii u out the water!

You know nothing of what I've played. I have tried all current systems (and had a chance to play the Oculus Rift too, it was by far the best gameplay experience anything has ever given me), and the difference in graphics between the three are negligible in my honest opinion. Yes, PS4 and Xbone graphics are better, but blows the Wii U graphics out of the water? Erm.. No, not at all. We've reached the point where the extra detail put into the graphics isn't nearly as impressive as it once was. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are beautiful, but so are the Wii U's. And for me anyway, gameplay has always been the number one most important thing in gameplay. I couldn't care less if I could see more detail in a bead of sweat on a man's forehead, all that matters is how fun the game is. Its the same reason why I only wear my glasses when I drive. I can see fairly well long distances, but I'm right on the cusp of needing them when I drive. So I throw them on, things get sharper and slightly clearer, but I don't care much if things are slightly blurry from a distance when I'm just sitting around at home (by the way before you ask, yes I've worn my glasses when regarding the graphics of all 3 consoles).

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter that the graphics are better on X1 & PS4 than Wii U? The Wii U is capable of beautiful games which is all that matters if graphics is a big deal to you when playing a game. All three systems will have their good looking games and not so good looking games which eventually gamers standards on what "good graphics" are will be set higher and we all will be saying that early X1/PS4/Wii U looked like crap. The Wii U's issues are not because of its hardware, it has a lack of games, third party and horrible marketing. As we seen with the Wii, inferior hardware can be successful if the games are right even without having online in most cases.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does it matter that the graphics are better on X1 & PS4 than Wii U? The Wii U is capable of beautiful games which is all that matters if graphics is a big deal to you when playing a game. All three systems will have their good looking games and not so good looking games which eventually gamers standards on what "good graphics" are will be set higher and we all will be saying that early X1/PS4/Wii U looked like crap. The Wii U's issues are not because of its hardware, it has a lack of games, third party and horrible marketing. As we seen with the Wii, inferior hardware can be successful if the games are right even without having online in most cases.
It matters because companies may or may not choose to bother themselves with porting their engines over to an obscure system just for the bleak promise of small profit. In addition, the Wii U being substantially underpowered means that they can't release multiplatform titles without some serious reworking. Being the oddball is not a good thing unless you're already dominating the marketplace like the PS2 did before the Xbox and the Gamecube came along.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
It matters because companies may or may not choose to bother themselves with porting their engines over to an obscure system just for the bleak promise of small profit. In addition, the Wii U being substantially underpowered means that they can't release multiplatform titles without some serious reworking. Being the oddball is not a good thing unless you're already dominating the marketplace like the PS2 did before the Xbox and the Gamecube came along.

Basically your saying their needs to be 3 identical systems? F*ck that, I love my Xbox but damn if I don't sick of the mutiplatform FPS games. I don't mind if a system is underpowered at least their are a bit of variety with owning a Wii U.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Basically your saying their needs to be 3 identical systems? F*ck that, I love my Xbox but damn if I don't sick of the mutiplatform FPS games. I don't mind if a system is underpowered at least their are a bit of variety with owning a Wii U.
No, by no means - not three identical systems. Just three more or less similar ones to make development easier instead of being a road through hell and back. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse