Hacking Is the Wii U hacking scene almost over?

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So what happen to Hykem ? Twitter etc. was this just a bubble that bursted?
Supposedly someone stole his personal info and put in on auction in deep web, then he posted that guy info on his Twitter just before he deleted his account. He got a phone call from a detective to confirm his address and wiped all data from his computer after getting the call, later his house was raided (but he's not arrested) and now we're here.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SMTxFE isn't out yet. :P I hold a certain level of pessimism towards localization, I expect some level of censorship, which will without a doubt piss me off. Honestly, hoping that someone way smarter than me can get rid of a lot of localization content removal, hinging on the exploits. I don't really care about missing things, but I do have a problem with the concept of content removal. (inb4 but muh pixel bewbiez reply)

XCX was something I bought despite it, but it still bothers me. Between that, and the arbitrary removal of content in several other games on Nintendo consoles, I have a bitter taste in my mouth. I mean, I remember when BMX XXX was the least censored on GC. Nintendo, one step forward, two steps back.
I have a lot of experience modding games, I mainly focused on wrestling games, but I unfortunately have a strange love for pro wrestling. I've made plugins for game models for 3DS Max and such. When my Xbox 360 died, I pretty much quit game hacking and modding, but now there is potential for it on the Wii U. I have focused most of my energy on actually building a wrestling game, instead of modding existing ones, but can't make up my mind on what to publish it on, but I can always try and help if you need any.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supposedly someone stole his personal info and put in on auction in deep web, then he posted that guy info on his Twitter just before he deleted his account. He got a phone call from a detective to confirm his address and wiped all data from his computer after getting the call, later his house was raided (but he's not arrested) and now we're here.
So just read up on this and If that's is truly how the story went down then it's pretty clear that even if he did get raided it wasn't by any cops or anything, it was people who bought his info online (since detectives don't call to confirm an address and police wouldn't do a raid with 1-2 days of planning and if they would it wouldn't be just to walk in take all his stuff and not arrest him...) this is a ridiculous story so far and incredibly unbelievable considering the only site to break the story is max console

It's weird that crediar (an incredibly reliable dev) would be the first to know also especially if he's actually in Japan, so Hykem got raided got all his stuff stolen then picked up the phone and made a long distance call to Japan? So fishy and weird, I'm not really a part of the wii u scene but as an outsider I'm definatly skeptical of this whole thing

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i already made a thread about it , but for what i read here something new is to add:
1)
as said by many "pirating" is more an excuse than a real problem, wiiu is dead as console, sales are low even without pirating, i would like people do not use this argument again and again because is a "false problem" , pirating wiiu at this point is no way harming them economically...
2)
Nintendo Os is no way similar to wii or wiiu os.
there are hints that the Os has been rewritten.
So save a wiiu exploit for a "future" nx scene is a non sense.
again more an excuse that a real problem.
3)
most scene guys have lost interest ( or have real life problems , hope hykem is good :( ) ,many like me already accepted this as a truth ,whining against them is no way useful.
4)
generally speaking homebrew on console is dying because consoles as concept are changing more like a smartphone or a pc with shorter time from a realease to new (at least rumours are this way) there is literally no time for hackers to make a scene grow with a problable 3 or 4 years hw cycles, old school console scene is going to die.
5)
always online games (division as latest example) are killing to the base the scene, when you have to deal with a persistent online guys at sony or ms or nintendo have more chances to get you and ban for "9999" years, you can't imagine scene guys going to reverse servers to let you play in "homebrew online" mode , this means if a game have only an online way to be played you must reverse that not only have a local exploit to let you mod the game, once you online your mod must be invisible to the offical servers, or they must reverse a server to play it on a community host ... if Sony MS and Nintendo make it mandatory even for single player mode you kinda fucked ... no guy in the scene gonna make such huge work for the sake of hack their online ...
(miiverse into even single player games is just a test ...from "optional" to "mandatory to finish the game" is a little step ...)

Merzeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I unfortunately have a strange love for pro wrestling.

This made me lol.

Hey man, if it's what you're into, no need to be ashamed. You've done more than I ever have. I've considered modding things, but being 1 person with a short attention span and limited technical skills, it's generally turns into a potentially good idea to just random musing.

I should really buckle down and learn things.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I'd not say it's over. It's just progressing slowly compared to the 3DS or Wii scene. Also, probably due to what has happened to Hykem might as well slow down any progress in the scene.
I could imagine we would at least find a wild IOSU release appearing once Nintendo dropped their support on the Wii U.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This made me lol.

Hey man, if it's what you're into, no need to be ashamed. You've done more than I ever have. I've considered modding things, but being 1 person with a short attention span and limited technical skills, it's generally turns into a potentially good idea to just random musing.

I should really buckle down and learn things.
This - was the first game I ever modded in my life. Back before there was an internet, only BBS to access information, along with the library and book stores for additional information. I was around 13 or 14 years old. I modded other C64 games, and programmed some things as well. I wish I only had a fraction of the information that is so easily accessible to people today. If you wanted to learn, it's easy to learn these days, you just have to have the drive to do it. Unfortunately, my drive is so much lower the older I get, I don't even know how long I want to play around on the Wii U, but it's keeping me busy, since I have nothing else to do at the moment.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This - was the first game I ever modded in my life. Back before there was an internet, only BBS to access information, along with the library and book stores for additional information. I was around 13 or 14 years old. I modded other C64 games, and programmed some things as well. I wish I only had a fraction of the information that is so easily accessible to people today. If you wanted to learn, it's easy to learn these days, you just have to have the drive to do it. Unfortunately, my drive is so much lower the older I get, I don't even know how long I want to play around on the Wii U, but it's keeping me busy, since I have nothing else to do at the moment.

Have fun, and enjoy the wonderful sound of crashing Nintendo games as long as you can~

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait for the console to die profitability, nint stop patching, hackers keep hacking, then you'll get what you want. In the mean time buy games, update, support the industry and the very hard working developers who deserve a paycheck and enjoy the freebies at the end once the industy has moved on. No console should be opened before it's succeeded, once the moneys gone it deserves to be open sourced but untill then you should pay for what you want.

Donzi

Trophies
Behind you, don't look at me, just feel me...
XP
Country
What about the IOSU exploit?

CMfBM2HUYAErngR.jpg

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait for the console to die profitability, nint stop patching, hackers keep hacking, then you'll get what you want. In the mean time buy games, update, support the industry and the very hard working developers who deserve a paycheck and enjoy the freebies at the end once the industy has moved on. No console should be opened before it's succeeded, once the moneys gone it deserves to be open sourced but untill then you should pay for what you want.
last count I have 51 wii u games on disc+eshop, still want mah kxploit.

Merzeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. I wish I only had a fraction of the information that is so easily accessible to people today. If you wanted to learn, it's easy to learn these days, you just have to have the drive to do it.

I agree with this statement in it's entirety, the flip-side to this is that it's incredibly easy to get overwhelmed at the same time. The other problem is I think big scope, with no big scope experience. Impatience is bad. :P

On the subject of C64 sound. It had an amazingly versatile sound chip. Don't blame the chip because of bad sound programmers.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Ha, tha what?? Considering there's a good 10 years difference between the 2 machines - it's like comparing the sound on the Atari 2600 to the Megadrive! :P For its time the C64 had pretty good sound...
I was around for them, I had a c64 and I had a amstrad with green screen, the amstrad was far nicer imo, prince of persia ran sweet on it :)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was around for them, I had a c64 and I had a amstrad with green screen, the amstrad was far nicer imo, prince of persia ran sweet on it :)
.........I only had an Amstrad too (good times!) Then picked up a Speccy. Never had a C64 (a mate did)
Never had an A1200 either though!! :lol: (500, then 600 - then consoles for a good few years before grabbing a PC...)

...Sorry lads, thread hijack over! (though the topic's a bit daft in my opinion in the first place.....;) )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: