Is the Wii U hacking scene almost over?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Logan Pockrus, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Logan Pockrus
    OP

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    In the past MONTHS, the only thing remarkable I recall being released was LiteNESU, an NES emulator (which still requires quite a lot of work but it's an awesome proof of concept). All I seem to see are promises never being fulfilled, for example, a long time ago, I recall a dev claiming they had an exploit that would work on the latest firmware version (whatever it was at that time), but it never came. What about the IOSU exploit? How late is that...oh, you know, 3 or 4 months now! It's gotten to the point where I don't believe someone possess an exploit until it's officially released. And don't say I have no respect for devs; trust me, I have immense respect for them, they're the ones that breath life into the homebrew/hacking scene, and I am nowhere near capable of what they are. But it seems that we're at a standstill in which no one wants to release anything, be it for personal benefit or "it's not necessary at this time", and I don't see a remotely-near future in which a significant increase in devs/development for exploits and homebrew occurs, in fact, the Wii U scene could be dead right now. Anyone else share these opinions? Any arguments? Also, check out this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-why-5-5-x-is-ready-for-its-kexploit.418062/
    So here's my essential question: Is the Wii U scene doomed, or is it just in a bad place for the time being?

Don't mistake this for a complaint thread about the IOSU exploit. It was just an example.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus, Mar 13, 2016

2. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's Saint Holy Sword Dragon

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    blogs exists for a reason you know... Things will be released, just keep friggin waiting.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Mar 13, 2016
    verifyvenuz likes this.
  3. Logan Pockrus
    OP

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    'K.

4. theMessinju

theMessinju Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    Wait for NX to release and Big N takes its eyes off the Wii U.

ArturDat3DS and lanman14444 like this.
  5. Logan Pockrus
    OP

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    That'll be a great day.

6. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    If you think 4 months is a long time, try a full year between Gateway releases. That was the worst, and I waited through it all. Come back when you gain some patience.

'Don, Abcdfv, nxwing and 13 others like this.
  7. Logan Pockrus
    OP

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    Alright, time to cover my butt here. Recently I accidentally updated my Wii U from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1 (and by recently I mean about a week ago), so I've noticed a huge difference in what you can/can't do. That may not be a valid excuse that warrants this thread, but it's what I've got (and I'm certainly not happy about that update, if you can't already tell). That also explains why I ranted about 5.5.X exploits in the OP.

Best regards,
    Logan Pockrus

8. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    That's like asking a Zombie not to bite you.

9. Kliffcom

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Just wait. Hykem has bigger problems in the moment but there are smea and his team. With the release of their stuff the scene will get bigger

10. LoganK93

LoganK93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2012
    United States
    And more locked! My favorite!

Bubsy Bobcat and wartimekillers like this.
  11. solitaire4eva

solitaire4eva GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2014
    United States
    Everywhere
    Just get a wii u that has pre 5.5 firmware and call it a day. Then you can download the entire home brew scene and then the three games that are even worth your time.

12. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    [​IMG] Everyone's reaction.

TheKawaiiDesu and KytuzuEX like this.
  13. Logan Pockrus
    OP

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    I did just that (minutes ago), actually. I found a console with no gamepad that was "guaranteed" to be on 5.3.2 and it was really cheap, so I thought screw it, I'll buy it. It's like you're a psychic

14. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    You might as well as buy the games you want used instead of waiting. Its not like there are 400 games to play... Such a shame tho

ronopotomus and mhayen like this.
  15. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Oregon
    Seems like things are just getting started, wtf are you going on about?

16. Logan Pockrus
    OP

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, but I just took the plunge and bought another 5.3.2 Wii U off of ebay. I'm not a huge pirate anyway (I'll admit I don't own all the games I was playing, though...), one thing I'm ticked about losing is GC-TO-VPAD, which allows you to use a GameCube controller with your games (also Caffiine).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It has been going on for a while now, to my understanding.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

17. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yeah, first everyone was waiting for userspace on 4.0.0 to 5.1.0, then everyone was waiting for userspace on 5.3.2, then everyone was waiting for a public kernel exploit so they could pirate everything after MrBean and MN1 made ones last February, and now everyone's waiting for IOSU kernel on 5.5.1 so they can pirate even easier. Makes perfect sense >.> There's never been a scene cause everyone has their head too far up their ass except for five different people making everything now that there's some form of public kernel

18. mhayen

mhayen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Canada
    it s off topic but i have a question,if isou come out and got my wiiu hacked thx to dev,if new game need newer firmware do there will be an way to false sign an modified new update to play those games.

Last edited by mhayen, Mar 13, 2016
  19. Kayot

Kayot GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2010
    United States
    I figured that future consoles wouldn't have any major exploits. I didn't even bother buying any next gen systems to keep a low firmware. I've pretty much lost faith in the scenes. The devs who can crack the systems are either too moral, to AP, or Chinese profiteers. It doesn't help that Sony went crazy with the PS3 exploit and showed that they could have people locked up in every country. Sony really killed my faith in consoles all together.

20. wartimekillers

wartimekillers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    Indonesia
    Piracy piracy piracy, is it piracy that dev worried about? Why are they judging everyone just want to play pirated games?