Hacking is the m3 mini dead?

mefistofeles666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been a long time user of the m3 minisd 2-slot flash cart. lately, the anti-piracy thing nintendo has put in their games seems to be ting a commotion in the homebrew community and it has definitely gotten me to the point that I might have to buy a new cart. so my question is, has anybody figured out how to successfully play the new games, primarily zelda spirit track and bowser's inside story, in the m3 mini sd/m3 lite/m3 perfect? or do i need to buy a new cart?

if i need to buy a new cart, what do you guys recommend, and keep in mind i am a poor college studdent, so the cheaper the better. I was looking at the r4 hardware, since it's like $10 shipped from modchip or dealextreme, but is that any good? I just wanna be able to play the new games without having to pay too much.

thanks, any help appreciated

grindbart

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R4 are cheap clone cards,not even the plastic shell worth they put around,take a bitter bite of the apple,and buy a M3i zero card,it will lasts several years if it not get broken (i think)

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard is the cheapest card that has decent functionality. R4 cards are all clones with no firmware support.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FALSE!!
The new R4s are clones.
The original one was good at it'S times.
but it'S dead.
Buy an M3 real or an Acekard

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have exactly the same hardware. The earlier versions could use either firmware (M3 simply or R4) with no hardware modification. The later versions had to be soldered but the hardware was basically the same. I didn't know which one was released first. It's annoying as hell to say "Stupid posts are stupid".

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mefistofeles666 said:
has anybody figured out how to successfully play the new games, primarily zelda spirit track and bowser's inside story, in the m3 mini sd/m3 lite/m3 perfect? or do i need to buy a new cart?

if i need to buy a new cart, what do you guys recommend, and keep in mind i am a poor college studdent, so the cheaper the better. I was looking at the r4 hardware, since it's like $10 shipped from modchip or dealextreme, but is that any good? I just wanna be able to play the new games without having to pay too much.Never get an R4 in this day and age. Go with one of these:
Acekard 2 - $11.08
M3 Real - $16.60

QUOTE(mefistofeles666 @ Dec 20 2009, 12:52 PM) are zelda and bowser's inside story working on the m3 real? how r ppl making it work, can't seem to find any good posts about it
How did you miss the topic labeled "Spirit Tracks Fix for M3 Sakura?" Also, the top of this sticky topic links to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since