Is the DSTWO worth it....

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by argorn5757, Aug 2, 2010.

Aug 2, 2010

Is the DSTWO worth it.... by argorn5757 at 6:10 PM (2,032 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. argorn5757
    OP

Newcomer argorn5757 Newbie

United States
    do you think that they will be able to fix the problems with gba roms like golden sun? that was my favorite game of all time and i really want to play it again.

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    It's worth it, even if you exclude the GBA emulator, just because of the features included and the possibility of what's inside (it's slightly more powerful than the PSP [​IMG])

3. argorn5757
    OP

Newcomer argorn5757 Newbie

United States
    ive read though that it doesnt fit very well into the dsi.

whats up with that?

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    The DSTWO cartridge is slightly thicker than a regular DS cartridge, so it is a little harder to put into a DSi. But my DSTWO fits in every DS model just fine, except for the fact that you need slightly more force to put it in.

5. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Other than the bulkiness of the cart which YayMii mentioned, It's a fantastic cart. I love it and it was definitely worth the cost.

6. BrotherCheng

Newcomer BrotherCheng Newbie

China
    DStwo worth the cost. You can play SNes games on your ds soon.

7. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have the money for a DSTWO, which has lately been around 30-some dollars, then get it since it's worth the ~2.5x the cost of an AK2i. The addition of the CPU adds the ability for people with DSi/XLs to play GBA games and soon SNES games and possibly many other console games (SDK for Homebrew Developers is out now.)

Of course the GBA emulator is not 100% but it does play MOST titles. The standard compatibility is improved tremendously when using game_config.txt that was made for the gpSP emulator.

I don't expect the SNES emulator to be 100% either but I do expect it to be better than the current SNES emulation.