Gaming Is the balance board worth having?

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am going to buy a wii guitar later and was wondering if the balance board is worth buying aswell?

How many of you on here have hacked wiis and the balance board?

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you plan to exercise with Wii Fit everyday then you should
wink.gif

if has a little value in other games, sometimes totally useless and other times its just like 'meh' kinda funny ...
but on the other hand i don't know if they have anything more interested planned for the balance board so...

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I don't think i'l bother with the balance board then.

What about the wii motion plus, is this worth having?

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well it depends (just like with the bb). I have the WiiMotion Plus and played a couple of times Wii Sports Resort with my girlfriend. But at the moment with the lack of interesting games it is not worth buying...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
balance board seems alright, i used it for like ten minutes, but i could see the benefits with the snowboarding games and such. i want one, but I don't need wii fit, so if they ever sell em separate then maybe ill pick one up.

motion plus is a must if you want to play wii sports resort, its really fun, and really challenging to get all the stamps i recommend it as well as the guitar, but beware i got a $25 third party guitar and its crapped on me

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
depends on what games you want.

i dont think anyone will claim the balance board is worth having for game games, the few games its in like snowboarding ones etc its a bit of a novelty.

Wii fit (and plus) is however fantastic as an excercise disc which is fun to play with. EA Sports Active and a few others are probably better for excercise but are a bit too serious. If you want to lose a few pounds or get your partner using the wii then buy it.

the motion plus hasnt been used in a lot of games yet.

Wii sports resort is a lot of fun two player, with lots of simple but excellent games like table tennis and things. However you then need two motion plus so....

tiger woods is brilliant on wii anyway, and twice as good with motion plus. you dont need it to play but it makes it much more realistic.

the tennis games virtua tennis and grand slam are both fun and can be played with or without, but seen as unless your a tennis fan you are more likely to play these two player so again 2x motion plus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello