Is the 8BitDo SF30 Pro worth it?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by StrayGuitarist, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Sethtimus Prime

Sethtimus Prime Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2012
    United States
    That's my reasoning for getting it. I want to be able to have as close to original experience as possible with my retropie setup.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    :wtf: Either you play with really low volume, or that is an insanely loud click. It sounds like it would be loud enough to wake up someone sleeping in the next room.

3. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    I don't play at particularly high volume. Like it was drowning out the audio or anything, but it could still be heard. Given how much you move the D-pad it was just a constant click click click. Moreso, you could feel the click too. Like I said, Pretty sure it was faulty.

4. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    As someone who's still living with parents who expect yours truly to go to church on Sundays, I brought mine in with my phone one night with the mobile adapter, and even I was surprised at how loud they were. And this is a more...conservative church (that's all I'm gonna say) and not one of those modern ones.

On a sidenote, has anyone had ANY success trying to pair these with an ODroid XU4 running ORA or ThERA 3.0? I got one of them to almost pair one time, but then it lost connection or didn't work correctly or something. I have the FW updated on the one I was trying as well. Otherwise, I'm stuck using Fighting Commander Pro controllers which are fine, but I always wanted to make everything cableless and leave the enthusiast level stuff for the beast of a gaming PC yours truly is typing this message on!