Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For fuck sake people it's not the end of the 'DS' line because it's NOT a DS

It's an entirely new hardware!!

It's like asking "Is the DS the end of the gba line?", Their both completly DIFFERENT hardware!

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:

It's like asking "Is the DS the end of the gba line?", Their both completly DIFFERENT hardware!
Even if you make that clear, Nin10tards are too stupid to know how to speculate.

They see "DS" in the title and automatically think "GBA Micro?"

They can't fathom that 3DS is to DS as DS is to GBA.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Njrg said:
zeromac said:

Even if you make that clear, Nin10tards are too stupid to know how to speculate.

Lol i guess so but it's like saying
"Holy crap a car!, is this a new bike?!"

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Though I do see what ur saying the ds wasn't called the touchgba or anything like that it still has the letters ds in it though we don't know what that exactly stands for it still is there and it is still what the current gen of handhelds is called so therefore I asked the question

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satoru Iwata told in a press conference or something, after someones question if it is bad for health that you can disable 3D - it ain't mandatory - so we can still play our DSi's
wink.gif

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
zeromac said:

my view on consoles & there next gen or re disighn, if there an hardware update(faster cpu speed), its the nextgen console.
lecture.gif
notice how it goes from (4, to 8, to 16, with gameboy, then 67, to 133 ha there always 2x as powerful except the 3ds seems to fly fly up there)

1st gen gameboy
Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Pocket Light.
CPU power = 4.19 MHz

2nd gen gameboy
Gameboy Color
CPU power = 8 MHz

3rd gen gameboy (currentgen Gameboy)
GBA, GBA SP, GBA SP brighter, GB Micro
gbasp2.gif
gbasp.gif

CPU power = 16.8 MHz

1st gen DS
DS, DS Light
nds.gif
yaynds.gif

CPU power = 67MHz

2nd gen DS (currentgen DS)
DSi, DSi XL
CPU power = 133 MHz

3rd Gen DS (nextgen DS)
3DS
CPU power = (1.0 GHz ?) via Nvidia's Tegra 2 processor.tegra 2 processer info here

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Coreyfrog7 said:
Do you think that the 3ds is the end of 2d gaming on the ds I hope not because I think that some games can only work in 2d.
And do you think nintendo will release a lite I xl etc. In means of only small upgrades or do you think they will be more substantial
i dont think all games will use 3D, look at the DS & DSi, how many games use the mic?. there are lots but it isn't as used as much a touch screen, but 3D is diffrent, its not a controller , so maby all 3DS games will use but with option to turn off, who knows if this option also apples to DS & DSi games.
for instance, backlight screen, original ds & gameboy sp had option to turn off.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Obviously not...
The 3D feature is only a minor addition. Not everybody can see 3D. Nintendo won't abandon thousands of gamers who can't view 3D. This isn't the Wii and motion-controls.
Why does everybody keep saying that? You will just see the 3D like you see everything else... without depth.

I think the 3D feature will be used in pretty much every game, but to a limited extent. There probably will still be a lot of 2D games, but with multiple layers, so backgrounds actually look like they're behind the other layers. I also think the 3DS will get a successor, not counting the Lite and other newer models of course.

That's not true. I cannot see in 3D. Everything looks flat to me when viewing movies or other 3D effects.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sonicslasher said:
geoflcl said:
We don't even know if it'll be called the 3DS. Could be the start of a new line, really.
If it was a new line then there wouldn't be dual screens anymore. Not sure if Nintendo is ready to give that up yet.
It is the start of a new line. Eighth generation, but backwards compatible.

Also, having two screens doesn't mean it has to be in the same line.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coreyfrog7 said:
Though I do see what ur saying the ds wasn't called the touchgba or anything like that it still has the letters ds in it though we don't know what that exactly stands for it still is there and it is still what the current gen of handhelds is called so therefore I asked the question
It stands for dual screen

Anyway, the 3DS is NINTENDO'S handheld successor, the 3DS is to the DS as the DS is to the gba, as mentioned before.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aeladya said:
Maikel Steneker said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Obviously not...
The 3D feature is only a minor addition. Not everybody can see 3D. Nintendo won't abandon thousands of gamers who can't view 3D. This isn't the Wii and motion-controls.
Why does everybody keep saying that? You will just see the 3D like you see everything else... without depth.

I think the 3D feature will be used in pretty much every game, but to a limited extent. There probably will still be a lot of 2D games, but with multiple layers, so backgrounds actually look like they're behind the other layers. I also think the 3DS will get a successor, not counting the Lite and other newer models of course.

That's not true. I cannot see in 3D. Everything looks flat to me when viewing movies or other 3D effects.
That's the point I was trying to make. Everything will look flat when you're playing on a 3DS as well, but why would that be a problem?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't the 3DS just a DS that can display in 3D? That's what I heard and it's not really an improvement over any other DS models they released.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Read the FAQ above...
The 3DS is the successor to the DS, it's a whole new system.
BTW, your sig is one heck of a spoiler.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since