Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Do you think that the 3ds is the end of 2d gaming on the ds I hope not because I think that some games can only work in 2d.
And do you think nintendo will release a lite I xl etc. In means of only small upgrades or do you think they will be more substantial

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ that and if (there will
tongue.gif
) there going to be another 3ds it going to be the 3ds slim.
tongue.gif

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Not all games will use the 3D features

yes but that being said Im not sure that actual games that don't use it will be around long,, games for the original ds's that didn't really use it's features wernt around long ( except for the succsesful few)

Also do you think they will eventually port to a disc or some other media input thing as time goes on

D

Deleted_171835

Obviously not...
The 3D feature is only a minor addition. Not everybody can see 3D. Nintendo won't abandon thousands of gamers who can't view 3D. This isn't the Wii and motion-controls.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no I think it be the same as the others so they can be compatible and save hardware space. I mean they could do ds lite thing and have two different slots , but I doubt they do that.

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
no I think it be the same as the others so they can be compatible and save hardware space. I mean they could do ds lite thing and have two different slots , but I doubt they do that.

I'm preeety sure it will be backwards compatible and I actually think the 2 slot thing is a good idea , I think the whole 3d thing might take up a fair bit of space and ( just my opinion) they will need to switch to a better one ,, if people are saying that it may be as powerful as the gc then they had to switch from cartridges to discs for that didn't they?!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
Obviously not...
The 3D feature is only a minor addition. Not everybody can see 3D. Nintendo won't abandon thousands of gamers who can't view 3D. This isn't the Wii and motion-controls.
Why does everybody keep saying that? You will just see the 3D like you see everything else... without depth.

I think the 3D feature will be used in pretty much every game, but to a limited extent. There probably will still be a lot of 2D games, but with multiple layers, so backgrounds actually look like they're behind the other layers. I also think the 3DS will get a successor, not counting the Lite and other newer models of course.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The end of the DS line? No. The beginning of the end for the regular style DS line, yes. But I think we regular DS users will be OK for at least one more year before the game releases really start to dry up for us.

I suspect the very first thing that will signal the end of phat/lites will be that all games will start being AT LEAST DSi-enhanced, if not DSi (and 3DS)-only in the future, and there will be very few DSphat/lite-specific games being produced anymore. What we'll be left with is gimped DSi-enhanced games to play on our phat/lites until they drop the "enhanced" part and go DSi-only. I say gimped because obviously you won't have access to those DSi features on a phat or lite, or even on a DSi with current flashcarts. I believe this moving away from DSphat/lite games to be inevitable. It's what I'd do if I were Nintendo to drastically cut down on the software piracy issue.

All I know for sure is that I'm not buying ANY of Ninty's future systems until there is some kind of hack or flashcart that supports ALL the features of the newer systems, be it DSi or 3DS or whatever. I'm not happy with all the online-centric gaming, nor do I like the idea of updating a firmware in a handheld toy (especially when it can disrupt my "free-ride"), not to mention the how I despise the overload of cutesy-crap games, RPG's and pure shovelware that constantly gets released on Nintendo systems. I'm tired of wading through 100's of worthless game releases to find ONE game that I might actually like.

As for the term "DS" going obsolete......meh, it's just a name, I don't really care. If the newer system is going to provide backwards compatibility with standard DS software, then it doesn't really matter what the new system is called, it will still have everything necessary to play those older games anyway. Once the new system comes out and becomes established, people will then treat the DS like people treat the GBA now, so the DS going bye-bye will soon be forgotten anyway.

Unless the hackers really get cracking on the DSi (and the 3DS when released), then our little free-ride is almost over. And for me, no free-ride means there will be no ride at all because I'm certainly not going to BUY a system that has no hacks or flashcarts and every game I want to play will have to actually be payed for. Screw that noise!
smileipb2.png

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
I thought it's not at the line of the DS systems because DSiXL is the last....
And SOtoru Iwata SAys its a new hardware so it means 3DS is making a New line of portable gaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi