Gaming is splinter cell 3d any good?

klaww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wonderin' if splinter cell 3d is any good seeing that theres not that many decent looking launch titles out now. havent really played much splinter cell games but of whats out its the only thing that looks good besides SSF4 which i dont wanna get because i think would get old pretty quick. so anyways just wonderin' anybodys opinion on splinter cell if theyve played it....thanks!

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
the game is what u make of it. Buy it, play it, ler ur own perception decide
biggrin.gif

All of todays reviews rly screw gamers, just because reviewers think a certain game is totally awful and another is uber good doesn't mean that u agree to their interpretation. Therefor only u can decide wether it's something for u or not : )

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finished it. It's a great game! The 3D looks great on this game and it's a faithful port of the console version of Chaos Theory. If you like Splinter Cell or stealth games in general then get it. You won't regret it. And if you haven't played the original game, you should definitly get it. I already had played it on Gamecube and had a blast playing it on 3DS!

I don't understand the bad scores for this game. This game was a 9/10 on the consoles, so how can a 5/10 be justified when it's ported pretty good? I think this has to do with Ubisoft's bad reputation with ports. I mean just look at SC on DS or Asphalt 3D and Rayman on DS and even 3DS (ugh). SC 3D turned out much better than those.

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i immediatly bought it and didnt regret it.
what braught the game down for reviewers must have been, that the game didnt take advantage of the 3ds multiplayer capabilties. on the consoles, it had an awesome multiplayer, but on the 3ds, theres nothing. not even street pass. thats unfortunate, but doesnt make an awesome game, aweful. . sure it didnt need 3d, but with all the games, now, that ive seen it, i wouldnt wanna miss it.
if your not a fan, i suggest you wait. i have a feeling, the launch games will be pretty cheap, once the second batch of games arrive

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pretty positive views here.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/tom-cla.../critic-reviews

Before the release I read the Eurogamer review - they gave it only 4/10. So I went with Pilotwings for launch instead. (Pilotwings scored 8/10 at Eurogamer.. which I think is appropriate if you classify it as a casual game. For me it's more like 6.5/10)

Now I want another game and feel like checking out Splinter Cell.
And I have yet to try Ghost Recon and Lego Star Wars, which both look very good.

Damn all those subjective reviews. I want a 3DS flashcart to demo everything. Go hackers!

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's decent. Certainly better than Chaos Theory for the DS (even though this one is a remake of that one). The 3D effect looks nice as well, though I don't use it often.

Sugar Free Orang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The graphics suck and the 3D "sweet spot" somehow seems smaller than usual in this game. Despite those flaws, I love the hell out of Splinter Cell 3D. It's extremely addictive and just plain fun. The controls are a bit unorthodox but I had absolutely no problems getting used to them. The overall 3D effect is more subtle too, but that doesn't bother me either. This and Pilotwings are the two 3DS games I keep going back to. (I also own Rabbids 3D, which is a lot of fun too, and Monkey Ball, which I like as well but find myself playing the least.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one