Hardware Is replacing Switch Battery Possible?

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I heard that the Switch hasn't a great battery life , I don't have a Switch yet but I'll buy one later , is there any way to replace the battery from the switch with another better battery for more battery life?

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd be very surprised if a revised Switch with improved battery life is not released in 2019, at the latest. If you can wait, I would.

To prolong the life of Lithium batteries, do not discharge too low too often, nor charge fully too often. They last longest when not pushed to either extreme and actually should be stored long-term about half-charged. When charging, it's an idea to charge to about 80% for better long-term use and not let discharges to go too far under 30% before charging.

Last edited by foob,
Reactions: THYPLEX

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the ipad 3 from 2012 or something. Use it all day every day at work except for weekends. It's always on. I charge it up from ca 30-40% every single day. I've not noticed a decrease in battery life. I'm sure it's there but it's minimal. That should be an indication.

Reactions: THYPLEX and cearp

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I heard that the Switch hasn't a great battery life , I don't have a Switch yet but I'll buy one later , is there any way to replace the battery from the switch with another better battery for more battery life?
No one has made an extended battery for the Switch yet to my knowledge, however there are cases with a built in powerbank that might be worth a look, I think Nyko made one.
Personally I prefer just using a regular powerbank since it can charge all my other devices too.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Rauliki

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No one has made an extended battery for the Switch yet to my knowledge, however there are cases with a built in powerbank that might be worth a look, I think Nyko made one.
Personally I prefer just using a regular powerbank since it can charge all my other devices too.
What are power requirements for charging Switch?

D

Deleted User

There are Switch accessories you can buy to recharge the Switch's battery while you're out. You can also bring the charger with you and charge it when you have access to a wall socket. As far as installing a battery with a higher capacity inside the Switch you're out of luck for the time being. We might see a Switch revision in a few years which includes something better than the lithium ion batteries we use today.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got myself a Anker Powerbank, to be honest, I don't think the battery life is bad, the system just drains it fast. The power bank last probably just over 12 hours on full charge and is over 20,000 mAh. I doubt is the battery, is just the system, though 3.7V doesn't seem impressive, the same kind in the XL 3ds systems and the 3ds last longer than the switch. Blame the switch not the battery, but they should have made a longer lasting battery to compensate, now is just a excuse to accessorise and pimp out your switch with swag and style. :P

Basically it depends on what you do with it.
  1. Turn off auto brightness and turn down the brightness to lowest setting.
  2. Switch on air plane mode (It disables wifi which does use some battery, but won't allow wireless controllers)
  3. Pick games carefully. (Battery life depends on games since it effects the system overall performance and usage)
In the end, if you treat it like a cellphone/Tablet (Which it mostly is) then you got the right idea of getting the most of the poor battery.:yayswitch:

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?