Hacking Is Punderino's SysConfig Tool Safe?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was curious about installing SysConfig Tool on SysNAND. But I heard unless you are on RedNAND you will instantly brick on installation. I don't want to change anything about my Wii U with it (because that will brick), I just want to look at it and admire it. I Googled Sysconfig Tool SysNAND. And a thread on GBATemp said someone known as Punderino made a version that won't brick your Wii U on install or on boot. I went to the user @punderino website, where I found a version of SysConfig Tool. Maybe @punderino can answer me or maybe other people have tried it. I won't mention the website by name, because that is apparently not allowed. But does it work on SysNAND and can it install and run and do non-dangerous functions with it without bricking?

EDIT: Please don't ban me if I didn't take enough precautions to not direct anyone to copyrighted material. If I broke a rule it won't happen again.

Last edited by OldGnashburg,
Reactions: TonyNESgri

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysconfig tool has been around a while. The reason why people suggest only using it in redNAND is because you have the access to mess with system files and if you don't know what you're doing you can easily brick a real nand. It's not an "instant brick". Many advanced users use it without issue every day. It's a good tool to fix tickets and you can use it to install titles instead of wup installer if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just get Haxchi
HaxChi has nothing to do with sysconfig tool. Sysconfig tool is just homebrew, not an entry point or a CFW. You'd need to run HaxChi or browserhax with Mocha if you wanted to run sysconfig tool anyway

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: E1ite007 and x65943

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Basically when it was a dev title it interfered with the system settings application and a few other things. It did not work well with the NAND and half the time would just brick after a few reboots. That was the FIRST version that did that, we hadn't even given it out much. We found out how to fix that by changing a few settings in the applications config when it's about to be packed, every version you can find around is probably safe. The one on my website is 100% safe.

Reactions: TonyNESgri

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysconfig tool has been around a while. The reason why people suggest only using it in redNAND is because you have the access to mess with system files and if you don't know what you're doing you can easily brick a real nand. It's not an "instant brick". Many advanced users use it without issue every day. It's a good tool to fix tickets and you can use it to install titles instead of wup installer if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

HaxChi has nothing to do with sysconfig tool. It's just homebrew, not an entry point or a CFW
Haxchi boots a cfw though? You can boot up japanese games or whatever else. Like what's different tbh

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi boots a cfw though? You can boot up japanese games or whatever else. Like what's different tbh
System Config Tool is a tool. Not a entrypoint. All it does is give you a dev menu/system settings. You can edit system values that you couldn't edit otherwise and just some features like launching titles.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System Config Tool is a tool. Not a entrypoint. All it does is give you a dev menu/system settings. You can edit system values that you couldn't edit otherwise and just some features like launching titles.
Oh yeah! I thought it was just like a cold boot or something. I just remembered what system config tool was. Is really worth messing with though?

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah! I thought it was just like a cold boot or something. I just remembered what system config tool was. Is really worth messing with though?
Depends, I enjoy the easy access to a bunch of features in one confined menu. I use it for installing any titles and running any titles.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Know there is a Region Hack ( Never used it myself ) But it doe exists ! i was quite tempted as there is a Yakuza Game on Wii U ! & i have not played any of them but .. im getting interested in them they kinda look like one of my old Favorite game series Shenmue ....
as for everything else ask " Kafluke " He is a very knowledgeable ..& has helped me a lot ... in the last couple of months .....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it's safe. I've installed it before. it can mass install like usual and mass rip saves. it can't seem to inject saves though. the saves are more complete than saviine, not sure about savemii. what I mean is that it rips everything regarding the save including the save icons. the saves are interchangeable with saviine and savemii, so don't worry about that. however, saves use a different title id (I.e wii games have two with one being four digits - what sysconfigtool uses) than saviine and possibly savemii.

you can also have more than 300 games installed through sysconfigtool. ;)

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it possible to use this tool without gamepad and use pro controller/wii remote/classic controller instead?

also, is it possible to post md5 sum of packed file (to ensure i got the right one? which I think I have. But just want to be sure its safe to install to sysnand)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to use this tool without gamepad and use pro controller/wii remote/classic controller instead?

also, is it possible to post md5 sum of packed file (to ensure i got the right one? which I think I have. But just want to be sure its safe to install to sysnand)

I don't recall which controllers it's compatible with. the md5 of the .7 I have is: 77E018B85A2BE82785EF0F4E4912EB68 I actually had to redownload it after discovering it wasn't on my hdds. I copied it to 3 hdds now. :)

Reactions: mive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi