Gaming Is playing DS' KingdomHearts first than KH1 can spoil story?

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
title...

I want to play KH games on DS, i have my PS2 back then, but now it's broken, never really had a chance to play KH1 then..Is playing 358/2 and Recoded can spoil/ruin the story for me? i also have a PSP, so i'll play BSB if DS's KHs will spoil it..

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Re:Coded is basically a re-visit of KH1, you go into a digital world and meet again all those places, villains and I think even parts of the plot, so it will be a huge spoiler. KH 358/2 will be partially a spoiler, because you'll discover things you weren't meant to, because it's Roxas' back story. And you'll sometimes be in the dark with what's what and so on, because you're supposed to know the basic plot of both KH1 and KH2 already.

KH:BBS would probably be the best option right now, though I think it does spoil (or rather explain) some things about KH2, but because it set 10 years in the past, you shouldn't have to know really much about the main series.

And you can always try out PCSX2, the PC emulator of PS2 if your PC is good enough and play the first game there.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just buy another PS2, they're like $30-$50 on ebay.

This is the order you should play them in in order to keep from getting spoilers:

KH - PS2
KH: Chain of Memories - GBA or PS2
KH2 - PS2
KH: 358/2 Days - DS
KH: BBS - PSP
KH: Re:Coded - DS

You don't really have to play Re:Coded at all IMOHO cause the only thing you actually need to see is not worth buying the game (or playing it for that matter) to see. You should just Youtube that part.

Cause believe me, after playing KH1,2,CoM & Days, you will be sick of seeing the same worlds/storylines used over and over again.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Byronic Hero said:
Why not just buy another PS2, they're like $30-$50 on ebay.

This is the order you should play them in in order to keep from getting spoilers:

KH - PS2
KH: Chain of Memories - GBA or PS2
KH2 - PS2
KH: 358/2 Days - DS
KH: BBS - PSP
KH: Re:Coded - DS

You don't really have to play Re:Coded at all IMOHO cause the only thing you actually need to see is not worth buying the game (or playing it for that matter) to see. You should just Youtube that part.

Cause believe me, after playing KH1,2,CoM & Days, you will be sick of seeing the same worlds/storylines used over and over again.
Although the funny thing is KH: BBS takes place before the events of the first game.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Although the funny thing is KH: BBS takes place before the events of the first game.
Yeah, but you'll get that "Oh that's why that's there" moment or something similar to that if you play BBS last.
Plus there's that True ending.......

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im gonna buy a gaming/video editing Rig a couple of months from now..guess gonna use emu...is it ok? no prob? like bug? freezes?..

and i still BBS is the best option for now..i really don't like to be spoiled..

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want to tell you what to do or anything, but I think its best to wait to play that game. BBS is best meant to be played after the PS2 originals. But hey, do whatever you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up