Hacking Is now safe downgrade a N3DS?

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Memchunkhax2 is very unstable on new 3ds (much worse than old 3ds in my tests).
A lot of that has to do with Steveice not having a new3ds (I think).
I'm no expert but I don't think it matters much. It'll take a while to launch sysupdater, but once it's launched it'll work just as good as any other version.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'm no expert but I don't think it matters much. It'll take a while to launch sysupdater, but once it's launched it'll work just as good as any other version.
no no no, when memchunkhax is unstable it can make sysupdater unstable. memory corruption is a dangerous thing to play with.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The main is to gain the permissions to do the modification. Those permissions are gained (or not) at launch.
If sysupdater got it when it booted, there is no problem at all...

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me just ask this straight away. With the updated sysupdater, it is as safe as KTM can get in case I get the correct firmware package for the 3DS (model, region), right? So no point to wait for KTM?

Kernalhaxhereicome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really that safe, my N3DS got bricked from trying to downgrade. Had to send it to Nintendo as well even though they charge like 85$ lol. But oh well, I learned my lesson. Just make sure you can access your Nand via hardmod.
What did you tell nintendo, because im in the same boat with O3DS and don't know what to tell nintendo

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you tell nintendo, because im in the same boat with O3DS and don't know what to tell nintendo
Tell them you were updating to the latest software and this happened. To make the talk smooth and convincing. Wait til next week when 10.4 is released, as when new update released is also when many people brick their consoles.

Last edited by tivu100,

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Tell them you were updating to the latest software and this happens. To make the talk smooth and convincing. Wait til next week when 10.4 is release as when new update release is when many people brick their console

What? That's crazy. That'll make them check the 3DS to see what went wrong so that they could fix it for everyone else. If you wait for 10.4 to come out, they'll definitely install it on your console to make sure it works. No offence but your idea sucks.

If I was in that situation, I'd tell the truth. They'll help you for your money. I think they've realised by now that people lie when things like this happen so it's pointless trying.

Also, you probably won't get your console back until after they patch this. Just a guess.

Last edited by Father Crilly,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? That's crazy. That'll make them check the 3DS to see what went wrong so that they could fix it for everyone else. If you wait for 10.4 to come out, they'll definitely install it on your console to make sure it works. No offence but your idea sucks.

If I was in that situation, I'd tell the truth. They'll help you for your money. I think they've realised by now that people lie when things like this happen so it's pointless trying.

Also, you probably won't get your console back until after they patch this. Just a guess.
Good luck telling them you tried to hack the console and ended up there. The thing is what I said in the last post is valid. Many people brick the console on simply with official updating firmware. And the time most people brick the consoles is when Nintendo release a new firmware which seem to be next week the 10.4.

It's Wednesday/Thursday most of the places, you must expect to get your console back before next week?

Edit: As @LinkSoraZelda quoted you, you answered your own question.

Only thing you can hope is Nintendo is too busy to look at the amount of bricking console sent to them and sends you a refurbished 3DS before 10.4. It's a lottery anyways. Good luck

Last edited by tivu100,

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck telling them you tried to hack the console and ended up there. The thing is what I said in the last post is valid. Many people brick the console on simply with official updating firmware. And the time most people brick the consoles is when Nintendo release a new firmware which seem to be next week the 10.4.

Trust me, if a lot of people start sending in bricked consoles, they'll soon figure out what's going on. I'd be more likely to say "Here's my money and console, it doesn't work, fix it" than to tell the truth.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, if a lot of people start sending in bricked consoles, they'll soon figure out what's going on. I'd be more likely to say "Here's my money and console, it doesn't work, fix it" than to tell the truth.
You seem to answer your own questions. Why asked in the first place?

Anyways for the money to send to Nintendo to fix this, if you can find another O3DS for the same price and you don't have to go through the hassle and worry of getting your 3DS back as 10.4

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make something up, you're paying them anyways lol.
EDIT: I'm pretty sure they won't update it without permission. Or they'll just swap the motherboard and leave it as it is.

Last edited by Neru,
D

Deleted User

That won't ever change tho.
OP, downgrading probably won't get any safer, if you know what you're doing go for it.

I realize this, but since nobody can get it through their heads I've just been making sure to drill that point in as much as possible so that maybe a few less people will ask questions or get mad when it isn't their fault that a brick occurred.

Reactions: Juiss

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're sitting in their office with popcorn reading about people who bricked their consoles.
You keep on answering your own question. People is known to brick their console for some stupid reason all the time, not just downgrading or using exploit. Nintendo must pay their technician and customer service (and some spy reading reddit and GBAtemper) great wage for them to investigate every single bricking case.

If you are so paranoid, why you use hack in the first place?

Edit: Hello Nintendo. Ban me if you want. I don't own a 3DS myself just to clarify.

Last edited by tivu100,

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which entrypoint did you use?
Did you format the 3DS before downgrading?
What was the class of your microSD?
Did you copy files with TeraCopy?
1) Um... webrowser (took a few tries)
2) No that would be silly
3) Class 10
4) Nope but did the hash checks on the archive after I downlaoded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?