SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I've been contemplating about Nintendo, and I think that they're slipping.

I think you're pretty much alone in that opinion when it comes to open minded, level headed gamers. Although this poll might fall in your favor, those who voted "yes" are just kidding themselves. All companies are running on brand loyalty. And to say otherwise is totally stupid.

But let's pretend I'm taking this topic seriously for a moment.... Super Mario Galaxy 2 is easily GOTY material, and there's nothing else like it on the market. Not to mention games like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns. The company is producing some of their best conent in years. And we can't ignore all the amazing games on the Nintendo DS. Honestly, gamers are spoiled. This has been a tremendous generation for everyone. (well, maybe not sony, but hey, even Apple has done well the gaming sector.) And that's just the way it is....

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's that? A thread about how "Nintendo is slipping"? 10 pages of forum discussion that's filled with implied statements, minor personal attacks, and fanboyish remarks? Oh no!

Stupid jokes aside, since I didn't reply when the topic first started, I'll leave an opinion.
Overall, you can say they are relying on brands, but not exactly loyalty. Like as stated dozens of times, the names they sell have reached a point in pop culture that everyone and their mother knows who Mario is, literally. As for fanboy milking, that's like EVERY company out there with a major franchise or the like.

Business is business. So guess what?
173780.jpg

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
While I do like the most of the following games;

Super Mario
Mario VS DK
Mario Kart
Mario (insert sport here)
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Pokemon

I think that they need to either
1) Make more sequals to the following franchises;
Pikmin
Kid Icarus
Star Fox

2) Make an original game franchise that is still as fun as the others mentioned above

ALSO!
NO MORE DAMN PERIPHERALS!!
NINTENDO! You are making SOFTWARE for a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM! Nintendo is not a TOY that EVOLVES! If I see ONE MORE WII ADD-ON! I'll QUACK LIKE A DUCK FROM MADNESS!

Speaking of Ducks....DUCK HUNT 3DS AND DUCK HUNT WII! MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO!!

The former Nintenfreak now known as the V-Game Freak, DJ91990 has spoken.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seriously though, asking if any video game company runs on "brand loyalty" is like asking if zerg only builds tech buildings on creep. Isn't this the reason we even have fanboys?

In my opinion, Nintendo partly lives off brand loyalty and partly because they never hesitate on their ever-evolving definition of video games. Like I said before, it's all change, and the simple fact that people care enough about the changes to have an opinion means that whether they like it or not, the changes are affecting them. If they ran off of pure brand loyalty, why risk alienating the fanbase? It only means that the company is confident enough that they can exist with less brand loyalty if it means making the product better.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I odnt think theyre running on brand loyalty, they just make sure that their loyal fans are never dissapointed.

Then again I guess if yuo consider their innovativeness part of their brand you can consider running on it because theyre always showing new concepts etc and because of that they created a loyal fanbase

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2