First of all, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I bought a new Wii yesterday and I attempted to softmod it. But then after doing some research I found out about the D3-2 drive that new Wiis have and I was flipping out (Because I wanted to play some backups) So I put my serial number through the Wii Drive Chip Database and I get this... Serial number: LU122238640 * There is a 50% chance the chipset is GC2-D4 on a smaller drive board. * And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D2E. * Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-DMS. So now I'm relieved to not see the D3-2 drive anywhere but I don't know if any of these drives are backup-friendly. I've been struggling to get backup games to play on it (NeoGamma gives me a "unknown drive report 20081218" and GC Backup Launcher just gives me a green screen flash and resets my Wii) I have 4.2U firmware and I followed this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...any-4-2-wii.htm I'm not at home right now so I can't give the specific details on what cIOS my Wii has but I'm pretty sure it's IOS35 or IOS36. I've been thinking about re-moding it with the softmod guide on the GBATemp forums...what do you guys think?