Is my SD corrupted? Getting Error 2123-0011

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello everyone :)

I haven't used my Switch for almost 1 year now and started to use it again yesterday using Atmosphere as a CFW.
Everything have been working great, but the only thing I've done is to update Tinfoil, and Goldleaf to install new games.
I did manage to Install 2 games yesterday, but today all of the sudden whenever I try to install a random game (doesn't matter which one), it always look like a spinning symbol and whenever I try to open it i get this message (picture below).

Is my SD card corrupted? And is there anything I can do?
I haven't had this issue before when I last time used it even though I used Goldleaf and Tinfoil back then :(

UPDATE: I finally managed to fix this error by updating the Atmosphere CFW and Firmware version to the latest version one. After that everything worked great without any issues :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230312_125302.jpg
    IMG_20230312_125302.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 123
Last edited by Naxster,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Don't use goldleaf, go get DBI and try that. It's installed games for me that've made tinfoil, goldleaf, AND awoo installer all choke.
https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases
Post automatically merged:

Another way to be sure that this is caused by a broken game install and not a corrupt SD card is to just play through your other games to make sure they're still fine.

Reactions: impeeza

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
@jeffyTheHomebrewer
I‘m still using Goldleaf to install games from pc via usb cable. Is that function in DBI available too?

@Naxster
Are other games installed before you put the 2 other games on the switch? If yes, are they starting fine? If so, just check up if you have the latest sigpatches in atmosphere
Yes, and in DBI it's even better. Just open DBI, hit X, and drag and drop the games you wanna install onto the "MicroSD Install" drive that should show up in your PC.

Reactions: MasterJ360

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@jeffyTheHomebrewer
I‘m still using Goldleaf to install games from pc via usb cable. Is that function in DBI available too?

@Naxster
Are other games installed before you put the 2 other games on the switch? If yes, are they starting fine? If so, just check up if you have the latest sigpatches in atmosphere
Don't use goldleaf, go get DBI and try that. It's installed games for me that've made tinfoil, goldleaf, AND awoo installer all choke.
https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases

Another way to be sure that this is caused by a broken game install and not a corrupt SD card is to just play through your other games to make sure they're still fine.

Is there a way I keep using Tinfoil instead since i literally installed these 2 games yesterday using that? I have honestly never used Goldleaf before, i just had it due to a guide a followed a long time ago, but i always used Tinfoil since that worked for me.
I just read that that error code might be because I'm banned? I mean my Switch is always Online, but I've never played anything online before🤔
I always play single player/offline.

Ohhh also all my other games works just fine. I even restarted my Switch and it boots up normally without any issues and play games that I had before this happened just fine.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven't used my Switch for almost 1 year now and started to use it again yesterday using Atmosphere as a CFW.
Everything have been working great, but the only thing I've done is to update Tinfoil, and Goldleaf to install new games.
I did manage to Install 2 games yesterday, but today all of the sudden whenever I try to install a random game (doesn't matter which one), it always look like a spinning symbol and whenever I try to open it i get this message (picture below).

I haven't had this issue before when I last time used it even though I used Goldleaf and Tinfoil back then :(

Your serial number blanked out?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Your serial number blanked out?
Yeah i think it is.
If I go to System settings -> System -> Serial Numbers. Everything is blanked out except for the "Console battery". I remember it being something like 00000000 when i used Incognito looong time ago.
I can't however remember how I opened that software.
Is there some place else I can check that?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i think it is.
If I go to System settings -> System -> Serial Numbers. Everything is blanked out except for the "Console battery". I remember it being something like 00000000 when i used Incognito looong time ago.
I can't however remember how I opened that software.
Is there some place else I can check that?

2123-0011 refers to online service restriction so if you have incognito you can't access any online service.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
2123-0011 refers to online service restriction so if you have incognito you can't access any online service.
But i have no plans to even use the online services. I have since day one (after I used the incognito mode) had it connected to my wifi due to I use FTP etc on it but never played anything online.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That is what the error code point to.
What can I do? :(

I usually use Tinfoil to install games, but can't even use Goldleaf or DBI. I always get the same error code and it looks like this:
It is just spinning.

Attachments

• IMG_20230312_125253.jpg
    IMG_20230312_125253.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 98

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sound like what ever you try to install didn't install correctly
Hmmm i think i know what the issue is (MAYBE).
I've been trying to install games such as "Return to Monkey Island" and "Death's Door". But haven't managed to do it using both Tinfoil, DBI and Goldleaf.
I did however try to install "Hyper Light Drifter" and "Ori and the Will of the Wisps" and both of them worked great!

Sooooo since I haven't updated my CFW and Firmware update in more than 2 years, I believe that it's because I'm using an older version and also older Prod and title keys.
My Current system is:
10.2.0 | AMS
0.14.4 | E

So I'm going to try and update both Atmosphere CFW and update my Firmware.
Just need to find out which firmware is safe to use and install. Do you know if it's safe to install the latest one? Or should I use an older, that is compatible on both Hekate and Atmosphere etc? :)

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
What can I do? :(

I usually use Tinfoil to install games, but can't even use Goldleaf or DBI. I always get the same error code and it looks like this:
It is just spinning.
That means the game didn't install fully (installer hung mid-install or was otherwise interrupted)
Update Hekate and Atmosphere FIRST, and THEN update HOS using Daybreak.
Then try installing with DBI again. I don't see why you can't use it.

Oh, and don't forget the sigpatches.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That means the game didn't install fully (installer hung mid-install or was otherwise interrupted)

Thank you, I'm going to try it out tomorrow :)
By the way, where can we get the latest Sigpatches?
Is it from this thread?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Just in case I'm going to install Firmware version 15.0.0 since the latest Atmosphere version is a pre-release of the 16.0.0 firmware.
Other than that, I'm going to install the latest Hekate, Atmosphere, Sigpatches etc. But I'm still going to keep AutoRCM enabled.

Ohhhh by the way! I'm using a RCMLoader to boot up my Switch. Do you know if I should replace/add new files in that too, in order for everything to work?
I have this RCMLoader (picture)

Attachments

• 176899664_max.jpg
    176899664_max.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 110

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and in DBI it's even better. Just open DBI, hit X, and drag and drop the games you wanna install onto the "MicroSD Install" drive that should show up in your PC.
I'll have to try this. I usually install my games with tinfoil via nut.exe, but its sounds like DBI doesn't need additional software to do that.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I'm going to try it out tomorrow :)
By the way, where can we get the latest Sigpatches?
Is it from this thread?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Just in case I'm going to install Firmware version 15.0.0 since the latest Atmosphere version is a pre-release of the 16.0.0 firmware.
Other than that, I'm going to install the latest Hekate, Atmosphere, Sigpatches etc. But I'm still going to keep AutoRCM enabled.

Ohhhh by the way! I'm using a RCMLoader to boot up my Switch. Do you know if I should replace/add new files in that too, in order for everything to work?
I have this RCMLoader (picture)
Since I use my PC to inject RCM payloads, I don't think it really matters so long as you put the latest Hekate on your SD card for your switch. The Hekate payload from your RCMLoader should detect the newer hekate on the SD and just chainload that instead.

rdlf4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience here, which I believe could lead us to a more concrete conclusion.
I've been struggling to install 10GB+ games (take Rocket League as an example) using Awoo, it's too unstable. Switched to DBI.
Now the base game, which is less than 4GB installs just fine with DBI. As for the cumulative update, which is huge, I noticed from DBI's output, one of the signatures failed to check (it was a Rocket League base game + updates + DLC install), but I believe that was an isolated case.

Then DBI proceeded and had the game successfully installed on my Switch Lite. Next, before launching it, I checked for its integrity (again with DBI) and it passed. After launching it, I got the error message in discussion on this thread, but pressing OK didn't kick me out, as the game proceeded to load and I was able to play it normally. So JerryTheHomebrewer's theory doesn't apply here, I guess, for the reasons I mentioned. So @Hayato213 's statement seems to be the root cause for the error message pop up:

I launched the game again, this time with wifi/BT disabled and the error message did not show up.
So I guess it has nothing to do with a bad install or something that was left out during the installation process, and more to do with online connectivity.

Being that the case, is this how we're now supposed to handle this error code?
I mean, if you launch a game that supports online multiplayer, are we to expect this error code to show up and just dismiss it?
I do have incognito mode working, as my serial number is a bunch of zeros, but I'm just wondering: dismiss this error code & resume playing or should we NOT get this error message at all and the fact that it pops up upon launching a game means something is not working the way it should?

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just wanted to share my experience here, which I believe could lead us to a more concrete conclusion.
I've been struggling to install 10GB+ games (take Rocket League as an example) using Awoo, it's too unstable. Switched to DBI.
Now the base game, which is less than 4GB installs just fine with DBI. As for the cumulative update, which is huge, I noticed from DBI's output, one of the signatures failed to check (it was a Rocket League base game + updates + DLC install), but I believe that was an isolated case.

Then DBI proceeded and had the game successfully installed on my Switch Lite. Next, before launching it, I checked for its integrity (again with DBI) and it passed. After launching it, I got the error message in discussion on this thread, but pressing OK didn't kick me out, as the game proceeded to load and I was able to play it normally. So JerryTheHomebrewer's theory doesn't apply here, I guess, for the reasons I mentioned. So @Hayato213 's statement seems to be the root cause for the error message pop up:

I launched the game again, this time with wifi/BT disabled and the error message did not show up.
So I guess it has nothing to do with a bad install or something that was left out during the installation process, and more to do with online connectivity.

Being that the case, is this how we're now supposed to handle this error code?
I mean, if you launch a game that supports online multiplayer, are we to expect this error code to show up and just dismiss it?
I do have incognito mode working, as my serial number is a bunch of zeros, but I'm just wondering: dismiss this error code & resume playing or should we NOT get this error message at all and the fact that it pops up upon launching a game means something is not working the way it should?
Hm... I mean, Portal 2 crashes thanks to the nintendo-blocking DNS settings a lot of us use (unless you have Airplane mode on) but still, not sure if this is a similar thing here

Seco_Gobbo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

UPDATE: I finally managed to fix this error by updating the Atmosphere CFW and Firmware version to the latest version one. After that everything worked great without any issues :)

hello everybody.

I went to run my Tinfoil for the first time and this error already appeared, I already restarted the console, put it in flight mode, cleared cache, and nothing. Any ideas on how to get the app off the home screen? Does not enable options like the + button.

I don't want to use Tinfoil anymore, but I don't want to have this app "running" on the home screen. I did some research and this post was the latest information I could find. I saw information that Tinfoil was discontinued, I don't know if it's true.

My console is in version 16.0.3 and AMS 1.5.4lE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated