Is my R4i Bricked?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pwnhead, Aug 31, 2012.

Aug 31, 2012

Is my R4i Bricked? by pwnhead at 4:09 AM (1,055 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pwnhead
    OP

Newcomer pwnhead Member

Canada
    Hey gbatemp community so I bought a r4i-gold pro for my ds and dsi and it worked perfect for the first hour or so.
    One of my goals were to play Pokemon White on it and since it didnt load up I decided to change firmware for some reason(well a suggestion from a friend to make white work) and in the process of doing it my Dsi powered off because I left it and someone decided to power it off because well...... Idk its a 2 year old :3 but so thats my story and then now When i try to reload it doesnt even show up. So is my R4 bricked? If so how do I fix it? I will be contacting the place I bought it from(eachgame) but just in case there is a home made fix I would like to know because I would like to use this R4 on a trip Im going to and if I get it exchanged It wouldnt arrive in time.

Please try to help me.
    Thanks for reading I know it doesnt look too pleasing cuz I didnt format it well enough.... but yeah

Pwnhead

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah it's bricked. You'll need another flash cart and a DS or DS Lite (no DSi or 3DS) to fix it. You start the firmware update file on the working flash cart, then take it out and put the broken cart in and then actually apply the update, fixing the cart (by writing a proper update).

Firmware won't fix games though. For that you need the software/kernel updates. Some people call it "firmware" (like your friend) but it's not.

3. pwnhead
    OP

Newcomer pwnhead Member

Canada
    Aww does it have to be the exact same flash cart or any other r4 or anything. Like I can get a normal r4 for 2 bucks so would that work. This new one only working for ds and the r4i well for everything.

Hoping that made sense
    Pwnhead

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah you can grab one of the cheap originals and do it.

5. pwnhead
    OP

Newcomer pwnhead Member

Canada
    Sounds good thanks I'll come back if another problem exists