Lemonade by Psyfira
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So here's what happened, I let my 3 year old nephew borrow my Nintendo DS cause I'm a nice uncle. 2 weeks later when my sis brings me the ds back I load the thing and all it says is Loading on the screen. I dont have the adapter for the microsd (left it in a different continent) and now I'm wondering if its possible for someone to accidentally delete files through the menu or through the media option. Can anyone tell me please
smile.gif

Thanks

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can delete files from the R4 by pressing x. Then a message appears asking if you are sure that want to delete the file. If you confirm it, the files go bye bye. You can also switch from games to saves to files in the games menu by pressing select. So yes it is possible.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yah I figured that yer little nephew was just ramming the buttons, and accidentally deleted some files. Must have been a thrill to play with one when you're that young.
biggrin.gif

After all, NDS, OMG!!!!!

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
o_o sorry man, but your R4 might be busted...

AFAIK, you can't delete folders with files inside, or system files...

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. (=P)

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pkprostudio, try it yourself.

Try deleting a Folder with some files inside.

IIRC, for me, it says: Can't delete non-empty DIR or system files.

fastvipa14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he could've went to ds organize and deleted it from there. but why would you let him borrow an easy break system in the first place?

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But a little kid will go into DSO and click on browser, scroll to the system files, click a few L's, and click delete? I dont think so. I think that it just got busted. Buy another card reader and try it out or get another r4

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Being a kid, he's probably like OMG FLASHING LIGHTS!!! OMG OMG OMG SHIIIIINY.

Anyways, he's three years old, has no idea wth he is doing, and just randomly smashed the buttons and touch screen. Just deleted files by accident. Happens to me too, sometimes. I admit.

EDIT: HE also may have just dropped the DS and somehow busted the R4, I dunno. Anything is possible.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yah, but if his SD was damaged, then the R4 shouldn't be able to read anything at all, and this message that says cannot find SD/TF card will show up when you boot it up. Can't be the SD.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beg, borrow or steal an adapter. Hell, you need another microSD card and SD adapter anyway, right?

Copy what's on the suspect card to the harddrive of the donor computer.

Reformat the card and then copy the stuff back to it from the harddrive.

If that fails, reformat again then download and install the latest firmware to see if that works. Then add yer favorite files afterward and see if they work.

You said you're getting the "Loading..." splash screen, so the R4 is making contact with the DS. I had a problem with my 1st gen R4 for a while where the DS failed to see the R4 at all. A few layers of paper (3-layers of folded Post-It note to be specific) slipped in between the label-side of the R4 and the DS slot forced contact and it worked after that. Since then I keep my kids' grubby hands away from my R4 (they have their own now!) and swab the contacts with isopropyl alcohol every now and then. Haven't had R4 detection problems in weeks... but I digress.
smile.gif

Good luck!

striderx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7