Hacking Is my friend screwed?

Metab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
He updated to the latest firmware.
If he doesnt update anymore, is he safe to purchase gateway? or be able to use any sort of alike thing?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here is your friend's problem:

gateway ONLY works on a 3DS with a firmware of 4.1-4.5 and the latest 3DS firmware is 6.3.

Your friend's options are:
A. Buy a new 3DS with a firmware of 4.1-4.5 to use the gateway flashcart
B. Sit around and do nothing until the gateway flashcart works on 3DS firmware 6.3
C. Forget you heard about the gateway flashcart cope with the upgrade addiction.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please, a clear answer.
Is he able to purchase the Gateway 3ds?
Oh he is able to purchase it alright. Hell, he can buy 35739573 Gateways if he wants to. Whether he will be able to use it is a different matter altogether.

To answer your question. NOBODY KNOWS. Currently, it is NOT compatible. Only time will tell if it supports the later firmwares in the future :\

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
So many troll answers here :o
Nope he can't use gateway with that 3DS version. Gateway only works on 4.1 to 4.5 and 4.5 was relaesed late 2012. He will have to buy a new 3DS to be able to use the gateway. I personnaly did that (Update my 3DS from 4.4 to 6.2), so I bought a used 4.5 one on ebay, because playing so many games for ~200€ (3DS+gateway+shipping) is not that bad). It's up to your friend to see if buying a new/used 3DS on 4.5 and the gateway is worth it.

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not that we are trolls, it's that we're surprised by people's stupidity. I mean it's plastered on EVERY thread about the Gateway that it's ONLY usable on 4.5 AND on their site, AND on most every reseller. So I don't understand why people still have to make THREADS dedicated to the same question.

Of course, lowest common denominator...

Reactions: FireValk01

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt he's fucked, I'm sure in time he'll get over it and all will be right in his own little world again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help...