Hacking Is my dstwo bricked?

w4re2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to update my supercard dstwo to 1.15 i think. and while it was updating the download failed. Without thinking i turned my ds off. now my ds wont reconize my supercard. I tried using the recovery package from http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-9738-1-1.html but when i press b nothing happens or the ds restarts when i put in the card. Can i fix my dstwo or is it bricked. any help will be appriciated. thanks

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you were downloading the update while you were updating? or do you mean that while it was updating, the update failed, so you shut off your ds?

do you have a ds, ds lite, dsi, or 3ds? you may get better results with a ds lite.

the recovery package you linked to is the only thing i've read about that can fixed a botched update. try reformatting your msd card and give it another go.

-another world

w4re2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, sorry yes i meant the update failed. yes i shut it off. i have a lite and a 3ds. I was updating on the ds lite. i have also tried reformatting the micro sd card and nothing happened. like i said ealier the ds wont reconize the card. i am using an r4 revolution as the other card to try and fix it if that makes a difference.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
as long as the r4 can boot the .nds file as homebrew you should be able to swap in the ds2 and fix the problem. the only reasons the ds lite could not see the card would be that you corrupted the bootloader completely, your msd is corrupted/bad, or the card is not making proper contact.

-another world

w4re2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have loaded the fix on the r4 and swapped the cards when prompted but when i press b nothing happens. i guess i corrupted the bootloader than, because i have tried 3 different micro sd cards.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
did you follow the guide closely?

you need to swap in the ds2 without the msd card inserted, then insert the msd card, then press b. i'm not 100% sure why their admin specified these steps in this order but i'd imaging it has to do with the ds2 attempting to access the msd card as soon as it has power.

-another world

w4re2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried putting paper behind the card now and also tried plugging my ds into the charger. The file loads and says to press b then i take the r4 out of the ds put the dstwo in put the micro sd card in and press b, but nothing happens.... im starting to think that my dstwo is bricked. i guess i need to get a new one :/

Ethan Arm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did you buy the DStwo flashcart, maybe the reseller would like to replace a new one for you, just contact them and try it.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did you buy the DStwo flashcart, maybe the reseller would like to replace a new one for you, just contact them and try it.

Yeah, right.. For some reason I doubt it "failed," maybe he wasn't paying attention and pressed the cart down causing it to come out, or powered it off.. No reseller is going to go "Oh, you broke it, here HAVE A NEW ONE" because it'll be a loss on their end.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
make sure that when you insert the msd card that you are not pressing down on the flash kit. you could cause it to lose contact and perhaps that is the issue. i'm not really sure what is going on, i've never had to deal with this. perhaps try posting in the ds2 official forum and see if anyone can help.

-another world

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone had a similar problem and was able to fix it by following this guide:
How to update your DSTWO's firmware on a 3DS said:
Good news for those of you who accidentally updated before updating your DSTwo, it is possible to update from your 3DS, however this method is risky, and not recommended if you can use the normal method in the above spoiler.

In order for this method to work, your 3DS must already recognize the DSTwo and show this icon (if it doesn't show up you're gonna have to use the normal upgrade method in the above spoiler).
092059gjm3mk4uhj9pu9i3[1].gif

1. Download firmware 1.15.

2. Extract "dstwoupdate.dat" to the root of your microsd card and rename it to "dstwoupdateb.dat".

3. Put your microsd card into your DSTwo and insert it into your 3DS.

4. Turn on the 3DS and launch the DSTwo, you will see this screen.
092106qryree7rueqefv23[1].gif

Stay on this screen, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, and just wait and wait for 3 minutes, IF YOU TOUCH ANYTHING YOU MAY BRICK YOUR DSTWO.

5. After the 3 minutes is up, turn off the 3DS, then put the microsd card back into your computer and delete "dstwoupdateb.dat".

6. You can now put your microsd card back into your DSTwo, and back into your 3DS, and now your DSTwo should be on firmware 1.15, and it should work normally on your 3DS on the latest firmware.

Taken from the Beginner's Guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu