Hacking Is Mario Kart CTGP Wii dead?

FarisMarie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone in here help me add custom characters to CTGP? I have all .szs files and the driver.szs file but cant get them to show up in game. I do have them in the my stuff folder and I do have the option enabled in settings.

What am I missing?

Do the .szs files have their appropriate name on them? For instance if you're putting a texture over Mario Circuit the file will have to be named castle_course.szs in order for it to work

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the .szs files have their appropriate name on them? For instance if you're putting a texture over Mario Circuit the file will have to be named castle_course.szs in order for it to work

Im only trying to get characters, not courses.

Are the custom characters playable online in CTGP? Or offline only? Im only asking because I never looked at trying to setup a local offline race to choose one. I've only tried in online mode.

FarisMarie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im only trying to get characters, not courses.

Are the custom characters playable online in CTGP? Or offline only? Im only asking because I never looked at trying to setup a local offline race to choose one. I've only tried in online mode.

I'm just giving an example. Yes they should work online. May I ask what the custom character is?

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just giving an example. Yes they should work online. May I ask what the custom character is?

I have a pack with 1600 of them. Im only trying 6 or 7 of them, because each folder has a name, say Wolverine Funky is a folder name, inside there is a .szs file named la_bike-fk.szs.

I was told to take the .szs file out of the folder and place it in My Stuff folder. But in a lot of other character folders, like Steelers Funky, even though the folder is labeled a different character, it has the same named .szs file, so you cant put it in the My Stuff folder because it wants to copy and replace the Wolverine Funky. So thats my first issue.

Also, someone else told me I had to do something with a driver.szs file? I have one but not sure what I'm supposed to do.

EDIT: You wouldnt happen to have the Pikachu on bullet bike .szs would you? The DL link for it is dead. Or anything pokemon related?

Last edited by Griffballchamp,

FarisMarie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pack with 1600 of them. Im only trying 6 or 7 of them, because each folder has a name, say Wolverine Funky is a folder name, inside there is a .szs file named la_bike-fk.szs.

I was told to take the .szs file out of the folder and place it in My Stuff folder. But in a lot of other character folders, like Steelers Funky, even though the folder is labeled a different character, it has the same named .szs file, so you cant put it in the My Stuff folder because it wants to copy and replace the Wolverine Funky. So thats my first issue.

Also, someone else told me I had to do something with a driver.szs file? I have one but not sure what I'm supposed to do.

EDIT: You wouldnt happen to have the Pikachu on bullet bike .szs would you? The DL link for it is dead. Or anything pokemon related?

Yesyes I'm still here, I had to sleep sorry! Sadly I don't have any Pokemon textures. As for the driver.szs, that just goes in your My Stuff folder. So if I understand correctly, you're trying to have two textures on Funky?

There shouldn't be any folders in My Stuff. You copy paste the content inside a texture folder to My Stuff.

Edit: Id also like to note that yes even though they are different textures they will have the same file names. All textures have to have the same file name as the original, un-textured character for it to work.

Last edited by FarisMarie,

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesyes I'm still here, I had to sleep sorry! Sadly I don't have any Pokemon textures. As for the driver.szs, that just goes in your My Stuff folder. So if I understand correctly, you're trying to have two textures on Funky?

There shouldn't be any folders in My Stuff. You copy paste the content inside a texture folder to My Stuff.

Edit: Id also like to note that yes even though they are different textures they will have the same file names. All textures have to have the same file name as the original, un-textured character for it to work.

So basically I just need the driver file in the my stuff folder along with the character files, correct? I never put it in the folder.

So how do you have multiple character textures if they are mostly the same file name? You cant have more than 1 file in the folder with the same name.

FarisMarie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically I just need the driver file in the my stuff folder along with the character files, correct? I never put it in the folder.

So how do you have multiple character textures if they are mostly the same file name? You cant have more than 1 file in the folder with the same name.

The driver.szs is for the character model on the character select screen. You do put it along the other files, yes. Keep in mind you can only have one of these which means only one of your textures will appears on the character select screen. It'll still work in actual lgameplay though.

Well, You could have certain vehicles have the texture. For instance, if you wish you for the Steelers Funky texture to be on the Flame Runner, and the Wolverine Funky to be on the Shooting Star, you would:

Add la_bike-fk.szs from your Steelers Funky texture to My Stuff
Add lc_bike-fk.szs from your Wolverine Funky texture to My stuff

This is makes it that you have a specific texture on a specific kart/bike. Here's the list of file names- https://mkwii.org/archive/index.php?thread-275.html

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The driver.szs is for the character model on the character select screen. You do put it along the other files, yes. Keep in mind you can only have one of these which means only one of your textures will appears on the character select screen. It'll still work in actual lgameplay though.

Well, You could have certain vehicles have the texture. For instance, if you wish you for the Steelers Funky texture to be on the Flame Runner, and the Wolverine Funky to be on the Shooting Star, you would:

Add la_bike-fk.szs from your Steelers Funky texture to My Stuff
Add lc_bike-fk.szs from your Wolverine Funky texture to My stuff

This is makes it that you have a specific texture on a specific kart/bike. Here's the list of file names- https://mkwii.org/archive/index.php?thread-275.html

Awesome thank you. 1 more question though.

To make these textures available for a 2nd player also, I need to put a "2" or "_2" at the end of the file name, correct?

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem!
You'd put _2
Although I'm not completely sure because for me I don't need to put _2 in order for it to work for player 2 :unsure:
Oh OK. I just read that on reddit but the thread was kinda old. Maybe you dont have to do that anymore. Looks like a weekend of trial and error headed my way, LOL.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Reactions: FarisMarie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.