• Total voters

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you think Karma is real? Well, at least. The Karma that is described here. I forgot that there are more interpretations of Karma.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hm... It depends.
unsure.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I believe in it, mostly because it is compatible with my religion. But I like the idea of a reaction that is equal to an action, whether positive or negative.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like it or not, Christians all believe in at least one sort of karma... Observe:
Good person = Heaven
Bad person = Hell

The good people receive the reward of eternal life and whatnot in the presence of God, the bad ones roast forever in the endless oceans of flame. If that isn't karma, what is?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm afraid that this is the only Karma I really have time to think about, and I hope it's real.

On a serious note thought, I suppose Karma does work more or less, but it's mechanism doesn't have to be supernatural as assumed by most of the population. You just become a trouble magnet as soon as you do someone wrong because you realize that you made something awful and subconciously put yourself it icky situations - that's how I see it.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
Newton's third law...
"To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction"
The laws of physics are not magically connected to our moral interpretation of the world. Besides, if you read the entirety of Newton's thirds law, applying it to karma makes absolutely no sense.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I like to believe that karma is real.
It isn't real. Where was the punishment for all those who destroyed Europe, chopped Germany in half and raped the local women and children. Eastern Europe still hasn't recovered from the evil inflicted on them.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Magmorph said:
Shinigami357 said:
Newton's third law...
"To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction"
The laws of physics are not magically connected to our moral interpretation of the world. Besides, if you read the entirety of Newton's thirds law, applying it to karma makes absolutely no sense.

Actually I was just saying yes in a different manner. Pretty sure Sir Isaac Newton was only thinking of apples as he wrote them rules down, LOL. I just took the quote, not like I said "this proves it /thread", LOL

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
Like it or not, Christians all believe in at least one sort of karma... Observe:
Good person = Heaven
Bad person = Hell

The good people receive the reward of eternal life and whatnot in the presence of God, the bad ones roast forever in the endless oceans of flame. If that isn't karma, what is?
That's not exactly what Christians believe. They believe you have to accept their religion if you want to get into heaven. You could be a perfectly good person and still go to hell.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Magmorph said:
Shinigami357 said:
Good person = Heaven
Bad person = Hell

That's not exactly what Christians believe. They believe you have to accept their religion if you want to get into heaven. You could be a perfectly good person and still go to hell.

Wait... I thought the doctrine was "believe in Him and you shall be saved" or something? There's now a church-members' only rule?

Well, whatevs...

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It depends what you mean by karma exactly. Do I think that there is a intervening cosmic force that ensures that good deeds are rewarded and bad deeds punished? No I don't believe that. However, a person who does wicked things will quite naturally be worst off, then a virtuous acting individual. That comes as a consequence of the fact that doing wrong, harms the doer even more so then the victim. To paraphrase Plato, The better man can not be harmed by the worse man. Of course the better man can be maimed, robbed and murdered by the worst man; however these are not true harms. Imagine Jesus on the cross. Can he be said to have been harmed or lessened by mankind? Or is the man named Jesus executed, but his essence as a person left unmarred? The same can be asked about Gandhi or Martin Luther King. These men meet their death but they can not be said to have been harmed. They are murdered, but who they were principally is left untouched. Furthermore, in killing such men, the murderers do themselves a disservice. The world is better for the existence of Jesus, Gandhi and King; a world without them is worst off. To rid the world of such men, is ultimately to the killers detriment; as none are more in need of these figures positive influence then those who is vile enough to commit murder. The murderer ends up killing that very thing he needed to observe most. He is bound to be a worst man now. That is a karma of sorts.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Miss Panda said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I like to believe that karma is real.
It isn't real. Where was the punishment for all those who destroyed Europe, chopped Germany in half and raped the local women and children. Eastern Europe still hasn't recovered from the evil inflicted on them.
Clearly you misunderstood me. I am well aware of fact that it's not real, but I like to believe it is real, in some situations I like to believe people who have wronged others get what they deserve, even if they didn't I just hope one day they do. On the other hand, I like to believe those who helped someone as well get rewarded in any small manor.
This doesn't mean I believe in karma, this only means I wish it was real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-