Is ixtreme 1.2 100% safe??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by DbGt, Aug 5, 2007.

Aug 5, 2007

Is ixtreme 1.2 100% safe?? by DbGt at 10:06 PM (2,444 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. DbGt
    OP

Member DbGt GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    does anyone knows if someone has been banned from xbl while using ixtreme 1.2??? i want to flash my xbox 360 but i want to be sure its safe... thnx

2. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Haven't heard of a single soul being banned so far.

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Although that's not to say it couldn't happen in the future... Just look at recent history of Xbox360 banhammers falling from the sky.

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    your better flashing with ixtreme 1.2c as its the latest one. Something to do with if the xtreme doesn't boot the none stealth games, the 360 makes a log file of games that haven't been booted, then microsoft can get the log file anytime they want. ixtreme 1.2c either stops the log file from being created or the 360 sending the information to microsoft.

5. DbGt
    OP

Mexico

mmmmm is there a version of ixtreme 1.2c for hitachi drives?? and also... is there anyway to open the xbox without voiding the warranty??? because the person thats going to flash my xbox says he can flash it without breaking the warranty seals.... what do you think??

6. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're VERY careful, I suppose you could get the warranty seal off safely. Otherwise, I haven't heard of a way -- you have to split the case open to do it.

If he only means breaking the warranty seals, I suppose you can dremel through the side of the case -- voids your warranty still, but the stickers haven't been touched.

7. DbGt
    OP

Mexico
    umm he says he can flash it without voiding the warranty.. not just the seals

8. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Don't think so. Samsung only, the hitachi one should be round soon. Just make sure all the backups your playing are stealth patched. You can get the warranty sticker off without breaking it by using a hairdryer. But its not meant to be a 100% guarantee. Something like flashing your 360 I would do myself. The main reason being if you have to update the firmware again or you have to flash back to the original firmware for one reason or another.

9. DbGt
    OP

Mexico
    i have another question.. hehe, so for example, if i DOWNLOAD Tony hawks project 8, and its not stealth, can i make it somehow stealth to be ixtreme 1.2 compatible??? if yes.. do u know of any guide or something??

10. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States