Hacking Is it worth it?

kodos84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a perfectly fine r4 with a 1 gig microsd. I ran out of room so i'm going to go buy a 2gig. But i'm considering buying an acekard or something for the extra space with a sdhc. Is the extra space worth it?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I am using the M3 Real, with and 8GB SDHC. I couldn't imagine going back to 2GB. I started with 1GB, then 2GB, then 4GB, and finally 8GB. The added memory is totally worth it (I am still out of room, because the NDS has too many good games). I recommend the M3 Real myself, as it has been very dependable. It is also updated very often, so it has very high compatibility.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I second the M3 Real. Best GBA-playing slot 1 flashcart you'll find, and with M3 Sakura it also has the best firmware. Anyways the R4 is totally outdated, and 2GB just isn't enough anymore. Even if you want to be on the cheap side and get an Acekard, it's still a major upgrade over the R4. The compatibility is tons better, the firmware is better, and it's still being supported. You definitely need to upgrade.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm funny that I have korean broadcast over here in australia and korean dealers were selling r4's like there was no tommorow

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I second the M3 Real. Best GBA-playing slot 1 flashcart you'll find, and with M3 Sakura it also has the best firmware.

Hard to beleave, i havent seen any GBA playing slot1 flashcard yet. They all need a slot 2 extension.
Also there are many firmwares with nice UIs out, i wont say sakura is the best. Its nice and different but the best ?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSAndi said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I second the M3 Real. Best GBA-playing slot 1 flashcart you'll find, and with M3 Sakura it also has the best firmware.

Hard to beleave, i havent seen any GBA playing slot1 flashcard yet. They all need a slot 2 extension.
Also there are many firmwares with nice UIs out, i wont say sakura is the best. Its nice and different but the best ?
Of course it needs a slot 2 expansion, how stupid do you think I am? What I'm saying is there's no other combo of a slot 1 and a slot 2 expansion that gives you RTS and RTC. Also, in my opinion Sakura is the best GUI out there. There are definitely other opinions on the best (CycloDS and Acekard's UI's come to mind) but I still think that Sakura trumps those two.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
DSAndi said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

Of course it needs a slot 2 expansion, how stupid do you think I am? What I'm saying is there's no other combo of a slot 1 and a slot 2 expansion that gives you RTS and RTC. Also, in my opinion Sakura is the best GUI out there. There are definitely other opinions on the best (CycloDS and Acekard's UI's come to mind) but I still think that Sakura trumps those two.
I third the decision of an M3 Real imho it is the best flashcart with Sakura and the Triple Booter. I've got 4gb sdhc card which holds alot of games, though I'm planning on upgrading to 8 - 16gb. A word of advice don't what ever you do, don't get an R4 clone they might say they are top of the line but they are the lowest O_O.

Also Kuraudo39, what channel is it on (I'm in QLD)?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't feel the M3DS Real is as deserving as you guys make it out to be. I agree that it is a phenomenal cart, but I believe that it suffers a harsh unfriendliness, something about the bugs, the lag, the setup that puts me off from it. If you are willing to put up with a few errors that show up rarely but do exist and can overcome the initial setup and sort of making it homey, then it is the cart.
What do you mean by making it "homey"?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get why everyone keeps saying "oh it has better compatibility". Seriously how many non shovelware games can the r4 not play? And even those that it can't play you can spend a total of 10 min (if you new to arm7 fixes and etc.) fixing it. In my opinion if you have a working r4 there is no need for a new flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1