Is it time to replace the top screen?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mailyfesux, Nov 7, 2008.

Nov 7, 2008
  1. Mailyfesux
    OP

Newcomer Mailyfesux Advanced Member

United States
    My ds' screen has been acting weird lately. at first, the screen just appeared red all the time, now it's completely impossible to see what is on the top screen save some pixels around the sides. I dont know whether it's a connection problem or if i need to replace it. I tried reconnecting it a couple times. maybe the contacts are dirty?

Here are some pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm going to go with YES! Since you have a replacement case, I would take a guess that sending to Nintendo is out. I do believe a few sites out there (Google) sell replacement top screens and covers. Hope you get it working again soon.

3. Mailyfesux
    OP

Newcomer Mailyfesux Advanced Member

United States
    Do you know any reliable websites where i can purchase replacement parts? I don't like DX because it's slow. I'm afraid of purchasing one from a bad seller.

4. hawkz02

Newcomer hawkz02 Advanced Member

Singapore
    i had encounter the same problem worst still my touch pad was affected as well....
    I try to replace the whole top and touch pad but was told the connector that connect the screen and touch are corruptted due to some unknow brown liquid is inside.... By changing the whole thing does not help either.
    In the end i send it to Nintendo to get it repair and now still with them,outcome will update u again..... =)

5. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    My DS has some broken Crystals at the top screen half of it isn't seeable anymore going to get a new DS for Christmas [​IMG]

6. tyuno123

Member tyuno123 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    my ds touch screen keeps auto-tapping itself at the right side just beside the D-pad but it only happens sometimes and even tho i recalibrate the touch screen it still happens