Hacking Is it safe to turn a CSO to a ISO for PSP games?

Shadowmoon25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to convert cso to iso? i mean would it be able to retain all its original size and all that? is there a downside except for bigger file size?

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's safe most of the time. There's a game here or there that will not work if you compress it (can't think of any examples at the moment, sorry).
One downside you'll find is that load times can increase slightly if you compress the .ISO, and there may be some slowdown, as well.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Decompressing is safe, the compression is lossless so in theory you are back the the original data. I guess you never know with an iso/cso if the contents have been modified (files removed or vids compressed, but unlikely).
Decompressing will get rid of the slowdown/video stuttering that some games have when run in cso format, so other than the files being larger there isn't a downside.

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Decompressing is safe, the compression is lossless so in theory you are back the the original data. I guess you never know with an iso/cso if the contents have been modified (files removed or vids compressed, but unlikely).
Decompressing will get rid of the slowdown/video stuttering that some games have when run in cso format, so other than the files being larger there isn't a downside.
Haha, I should have read the title of the thread better. He asked the opposite of what I responded to...
Listen to @Count Duckula. He knows how to read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...