Is it safe to play the nes emulator nesDS on a 3DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Bryon15, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Bryon15
    OP

Member Bryon15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm asking because I've heard issues about playing it on the larger screen of the DSi XL. And since the 3DS has a larger screen, I want to know if it's okay to play nes games on it. The flashcart I have is supercard dstwo if that matters.

2. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah It's fine. Your gonna have the black bars on the sides and the picture should be the size of the bottom screen on the top.

3. Shabutie78

Member Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the "issues" you've heard of have nothing to do directly with either DSi XL nor nesDS.
    it's a problem that haunts any and all LCD screens. they burn in. if you display static images on an LCD for ~30 minutes, they will burn in. i'm pretty sure it's only temporary though.
    the HUD from shantae: risky's revenge burned into my DSi XL screen (could see the hearts and magic meter) and went away the next day.

4. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
  5. 75UR15

Newcomer 75UR15 Advanced Member

United States
    Besides normal burn in ive played many games that have static parts that cause no problems, but while running final fantasy on nesds for about 10mins I can get screen burn in (refresh rate from hades i'm given to understand is why) that only goes away after hours /w lcd tester.