is it safe to downgrade?

Taio99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I have the sysnand in 15.0.1 and an emunand with athmosphere also in 15.0.1 but I would like to try sx os so I was thinking of creating another emunand and downgrading it but... is it safe?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No point of downgrading unless you have a SX OS license, and a backup of compatible firmware to restore to, Im pretty sure it won't boot if you burnt too many fuse.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Taio99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
No tiene sentido degradar a menos que tenga una licencia de SX OS y una copia de seguridad del firmware compatible para restaurar, estoy bastante seguro de que no se iniciará si quemó demasiados fusibles.
That's another problem, is there a way to know for sure which version I can downgrade to? I got this switch recently and I don't know if the previous owner burned the efuses

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade to any version but your game cart slot may not work due to mismatch firmware on the controller as far as OFW and Atmosphere is concerned. Don't know anything about SX

efuse can only stop you if you can't do RCM boot

Reactions: impeeza

Taio99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Verifique el conteo de su fusible en hekate
Well I don't know how to interpret these data
c08f21d1-53c3-4ee2-80ef-0ca748836f00.jpg

Last edited by Taio99,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
not safe to downgrade an emuMMC ? seriously ??? :unsure:
stop spreading misinformation. OP wants to make a 11.0.0 emuMMC for SXOS, and there is NOTHING wrong at all by doing this !

I was thinking of creating another emunand and downgrading it
in bold, the important parts nobody has read correctly, it seems...

and, BTW, loading an emuMMC is possible by using a custom bootloader, which really doesn't care at all about efuses :teach:

@Taio99 if you want to try SXOS with an emuMMC, of course you can, and your Switch will not burn...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like to add that there is an entire thread here that tells you how to create your own license.

EDIT: content deleted as irrelevant. You failed to mention model, but the screenshot clearly shows you have an Erista model. Your emummc would theoretically work, if you setup your card in a way that SX recognizes, and you use hekate/atmosphere to downgrade it first.

Last edited by urherenow,

Taio99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
¿No es seguro degradar un emuMMC ? en serio???:inseguro:
dejar de difundir información errónea. OP quiere hacer un emuMMC 11.0.0 para SXOS, ¡y no hay nada de malo en hacer esto!

en negrita, las partes importantes nadie las ha leído bien, parece...

y, por cierto, es posible cargar un emuMMC mediante el uso de un gestor de arranque personalizado, al que realmente no le importan los efuses:enseñar:

@Taio99 si quieres probar SXOS con un emuMMC, por supuesto que puedes, y tu Switch no se quemará...
thanks bro, I'm going to try but......... does sx recognize emunands as a file and not as a partition? I ask why when making a partition what I have in the athmosphere emu is going to die because heckate formats the sd ._.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is an emunand there should be no problems or am I monstrously wrong and the moment I do it despite being an emunand the console dies?
Changing your OFW to any version should be safe in a sense (other than getting banned, anytime Nintendo see your system to have changed in a un-Nintendo way you can get banned and this can also happens when you restore a backup creating a un-Nintendo regression). Can't say much about whether sx is safe ( maybe not, I hear some saying that it corrupt the sysnand in some way ).

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Taio99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I have already downgraded the emummc and everything is fine, nothing exploded and above all it did not die when it was turned off, I just turned it on, loaded the heckate payload and perfect, now I am in the process of copying the emunand converted to sx os

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
we are talking about EMUMMC
RTFT

Taio99 wants to try SXOS, what's the problem ? Just use YOUR switch the way YOU want, and let Taio99 uses ITS switch the way HE wants. Period.
Yes. emuMMC is fine but not with sysMMC. As long as its done properly, you're fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...