Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by windsorclarence, Oct 6, 2015.

1. windsorclarence
    OP

windsorclarence Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2015
    United States
    I've done some googling and cannot get a definitive answer. I have a Wii U on 5.5.0 software. Is it possible to install a wad manager? Or play .wad files? Is it possible to install Homebrew? I don't have any experience hacking a Wii U, but I have plenty of experience hacking Wii, Android, PC and Apple devices.

2. Skater4599

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    This has been answered many, many times. The answer is even in the sticky thread above.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

The answer is no, there is no exploits released for 5.5. Though it's suggested that you block updates and stay on 5.5 as it may be possible in the future.

.wad files are not used that I know of for wii u. Only vwii. The wii U has not been fully hacked, at least to the extent the original wii was, not yet at least, however the scene is progressing nicely!

Margen67 likes this.
  3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Since he's asking about wad files, he's probably talking about vWii VC games/WiiWare and vWii homebrew, not Wii U-mode stuff. If so, then the answer is yes, 5.5 should be hackable for vWii homebrew and games. Nintendo hasn't updated the vWii side of things in a long, long time as far as I know.

Margen67 and Skater4599 like this.
  4. Skater4599

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Very true, thanks for adding the input. Now either way he meant his Question, it's answered :)

5. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    threads like this one is the reason why we need to split the WiiU and vWii section :)

Confusion remains with Wiiu mode and vWii.

DrCrygor07, Margen67, Adr990 and 3 others like this.
  6. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Your research skills must be very poor if you couldnt find the answer to this

7. windsorclarence
    OP

windsorclarence Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2015
    United States
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. VWii homebrew and games.

Margen67 likes this.