Hacking Question Is it possible to use a Switch Pro Controller or a Android Tablet to accsess Homebrew or other items

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using a Switch Pro Controller a long time ago on the Nintendo Switch and it synced but never booted for a few moments until the console had a later updated release for controller support. I had to keep the controller charged but the controller wouldn't initialize until it was at a point setup so by the time I finished playing BOTW I only used the controller while it was charged or docked in handheld mode, to say it this way the controller I used was one of the early models until it was made again because of the left joy-stick issue, but what I was wondering is that since the Switch uses its Nvida Software that the controller is actually synced at the sametime with. the Switches hardcore coded lineup of console integreity.

The NXSwitch Exploit is kind of what i'm talking about, but instead of NXSwitch, taking the exploit a stepup and making Homebrew bootable on the System Software

Without flashing or needing to flash a console or its integreity cache.

That's probably a huge underlining question but I do believe its possible, if the console is paired or paired to be tested with other consoles that it might or may be linked with.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using a Switch Pro Controller a long time ago on the Nintendo Switch and it synced but never booted for a few moments until the console had a later updated release for controller support. I had to keep the controller charged but the controller wouldn't initialize until it was at a point setup so by the time I finished playing BOTW I only used the controller while it was charged or docked in handheld mode, to say it this way the controller I used was one of the early models until it was made again because of the left joy-stick issue, but what I was wondering is that since the Switch uses its Nvida Software that the controller is actually synced at the sametime with. the Switches hardcore coded lineup of console integreity.

The NXSwitch Exploit is kind of what i'm talking about, but instead of NXSwitch, taking the exploit a stepup and making Homebrew bootable on the System Software

Without flashing or needing to flash a console or its integreity cache.

That's probably a huge underlining question but I do believe its possible, if the console is paired or paired to be tested with other consoles that it might or may be linked with.
So are you asking if shorting something in a pro controller could enter rcm?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at the moment, the closest thing is booting off a mod chip like Trinket m0 that is soldered on to the motherboard, if you meant something like cold boot.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm certain that if some applications like Fuse do work and used closed sourced projects that it would in fact be possible. We just haven't reached that point yet. Unless the Switches internal dock and the Switch its self are linked and chained to how an application functions like in BOTW or ARMS to show graphics or intergrated software exploits or expedites.

It makes me question the fedellity of some more crucial applications like Fortnite running. But I think its not safe to say that Fortnite can not actually be used with the Nintendo Switch to trigger a switch exploit because it has built in online functionality and is partially cloud based because of fedeliated functions or functionality.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well i'm certain that if some applications like Fuse do work and used closed sourced projects that it would in fact be possible. We just haven't reached that point yet. Unless the Switches internal dock and the Switch its self are linked and chained to how an application functions like in BOTW or ARMS to show graphics or intergrated software exploits or expedites.

It makes me question the fedellity of some more crucial applications like Fortnite running. But I think its not safe to say that Fortnite can not actually be used with the Nintendo Switch to trigger a switch exploit because it has built in online functionality and is partially cloud based because of fedeliated functions or functionality.
Encryption, keys and run time environment. All I have to say.
Just having access to homebrew does not mean you have access to everything.
Trust me that if there was an exploit like this, we would know since the beginning. Also, this could be easily fixable via an update.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show