ROM Hack Is it possible to replace the ugly textures in Pokemon Scarlet / Violet?

Memfis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I saw the first Let's plays to Pokemon Scarlet. The characters and Pokemon have a nice texture. It's OK (not really good, but it's OK).
BUT the textures for landscape, houses, objects and so on is really ugly. It's worse than I thought if I saw the trailers. It's a shame. If the game wouldn't named Pokemon, nobody would be interested on it. Without fun: I checked out some Game Cube games and there are games with better textures.

So the question is: Do you think it's possible to replace the textures with some nice and sharp textures? I know it's possible to replace textures in games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but in a big game like Pokemon? Making more sharpness and details to textures? No idea.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I saw the first Let's plays to Pokemon Scarlet. The characters and Pokemon have a nice texture. It's OK (not really good, but it's OK).
BUT the textures for landscape, houses, objects and so on is really ugly. It's worse than I thought if I saw the trailers. It's a shame. If the game wouldn't named Pokemon, nobody would be interested on it. Without fun: I checked out some Game Cube games and there are games with better textures.

So the question is: Do you think it's possible to replace the textures with some nice and sharp textures? I know it's possible to replace textures in games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but in a big game like Pokemon? Making more sharpness and details to textures? No idea.
Editing textures is possible see for Switch Pokémon is possible see here: https://gamebanana.com/mods/9760
The challenging thing though is you are likely not able to replace textures with much higher resolution ones because of memory limitations meaning someone would have to redesign textures to look better, but they likely wouldn't be higher resolution but they could look better with good art direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...