Hacking Is it possible to play PS2 backups + cheat codes?

xhaborymx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I've got an old DMS3.0 installed in my ps2 phat. Anyway, I've got the Action Replay (retail) disc and it boots up just fine. But, when I pop in a backup, it tells me there isn't a disc in the system. My question is, is there any way to use both Action Replay and backup discs? I'm even willing to get another PS2 and get a different mod chip or try anything else. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

xhaborymx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried that. The problem is that AR doesn't read burned discs, only retails. Thus the reason I'm asking the question in the first place.

xhaborymx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, the update .elf and the update disc both give me black screens. Which is why I said I wouldn't mind buying a second ps2. It's about time for one, anyway. But I just wanted a solution that would allow me to play both an AR disc AND backups.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new peek/poke capabilities in the PSGroove it might be possible to get some kind of cheat mechanism going.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
With the new peek/poke capabilities in the PSGroove it might be possible to get some kind of cheat mechanism going.
ps2, not ps3...

and im not really sure then... I know that the newer update supports a backup ar disk and back up games. Maybe try a copy of codebreaker?

xhaborymx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after being so absolutely frustrated today, I decided to disassemble my ps2. It turns out that the guy that modded it for me used a XENO chip instead of a DMS3.0.
frown.gif

So now it looks like I will definitely be buying a new console. I'll most likely get a slim, since those seem to be everywhere. What are my modding options for a slim? I'm perfectly fine with buying a chip to throw in there, but I need it to support botting of both AR and backups so I can cheat.
smile.gif

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you may want to look up if the newest slim supports AR, I think some of them don't.

And I have no idea about the xeno chip. I seen pictures and heard of them, but never installed them or researched them.

Slim, well theres the free mcboot crap but I don't think it will work cheating with off disk...

if you want a cheap chip stick with a duo3 or modbo matrix clone

dms are too expensive and buggy for me to recommend anymore, there more of a hdd thing tho with toxicOS (pro version)

Crystal chips work online with most(?) games without DNA$ patching

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xhaborymx said:
I already tried that. The problem is that AR doesn't read burned discs, only retails. Thus the reason I'm asking the question in the first place.

Hm....What I did was, download the Patched CodeBreaker .elf, and it had a redirected path. So, instead of it directly wanting to play the burned game, it would run thorough ESR first. I have no clue if this is relevant to your case or not..... If you can, install FMCBoot, and try running the Codebreaker App.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know how I missed this https://youtu.be/OgLD1yhxNik?si=I94vWUB9-LcKc5jR