Hacking Is it possible to hack a Wii that was hacked before? (4.3U)

mattisgoku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked it before but I ended up deleting the Homebrew Channel for some dumb reason. I am currently trying the SSBB hack but for some reason it isn't loading the hack. Help??

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you using a non-SDHC card? (This exploit only works with SD)

Have you deleted all custom stages (including the 3 auto-created in a new file)?

mattisgoku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have any extra channels. And I'm using an SD card that reads an SD Mini that I put into it.
SD card reads "SanDisk. MicroSD to SD Adapter"

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mattisgoku said:
I dont have any extra channels. And I'm using an SD card that reads an SD Mini that I put into it.

that is almost definitely the issue.

you need a standard SD card (almost all below 2Gb are standard SD).

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
TroyTheZombie said:
mattisgoku said:
LIE
I'm using micro SD card in adapter which is nothing more like plastic box with wired connectors.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mike333 said:
TroyTheZombie said:
mattisgoku said:
LIE
I'm using micro SD card in adapter which is nothing more like plastic box with wired connectors.
Confusion between size formats aside, mattisgoku, you need to verify whatever card you use, be it micro, mini, or full-size SD that the card is not a SDHC card but the older lower capacity variety. Usually if the card is 2GB or less it is a non-SDHC card and you should be able to use it just fine. Some 4GB cards also fall into this category, but just be sure to check carefully. Nothing worse than being stuck due to something simple as using the wrong card.

BTW: mattisgoku, how are you placing the files onto your Micro-SD card? Do you have a micro-SD card reader only? Are you using a smartphone? Just curious...

-[]D

mattisgoku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it took me so long to reply, the site wasn't working for me.
Anyways, its only a 1 GB and i put the microSD into a device that makes it a usb so i can transfer files from PC to SD card. After that I put the micro SD into the regular SD card.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mattisgoku said:
Anyways, its only a 1 GB and i put the microSD into a device that makes it a usb so i can transfer files from PC to SD card. After that I put the micro SD into the regular SD card.
The forums were down earlier today for me as well. A 1GB card should not be a SDHC card so the card may not be an issue. It might be one of those cards that have some compatibility issues with the Wii. If you used it with the Wii before without trouble, you can safely disregard it as a cause of your current issues.

Where exactly does the SSBB hack fail for you? Have you tried starting over again fresh, with new files on a clean, just formatted card?

-[]D

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattisgoku said:
I hacked my wii that way originally, so there shouldn't be a problem with that...
however, i used Indiana Pwns, not Smash Stack.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What system menu are you on? Try using Bannerbomb if you are on 4.2 or lower.

Edit: Sorry just saw the system menu in the title... did you install priiloader before? Also, try smashstack with your card on another friends Wii with your card and see if it works there (hacked or not, it should work)... then you'll know if it's something with your wii or your setup.

mattisgoku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hacked it before with this card and the Wii can read it, but sometimes i have to keep trying till it reads it. I have cleaned my SSBB save and stages but it won't load the hack.

mattisgoku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking to me, I tried to use SmashStack or the SSBB hack, which I stated at the very beginning.
I guess I should make sure everything is set right. Should it be formatted as "FAT" or "FAT32"? and the folder structure is as follows(1 is right when you oped the SD card)
1. private
boot.elf
bootmini.elf
2.(inside private) wii
3.(inside wii) app
title
Everything after those 2 folders is the same structure that it is when the hack is downloaded.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I mistook someone elses post for yours.

So you have used the SSBB hack before and it worked, have you gone online with the SSBB game since? I read a post where nintendo uploads two files to your wii to prevent the hack from working. One picture file and one custom stage file, and both are undeletable. I have not tested this myself to confirm it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1