ROM Hack Is it possible to go online with a slightly modified .cia?

beester87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game I'm referring to is Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. If I were to modify the music files in the game, and only that, would being able to go online still work? .3ds files are unable to go online, so I want to make sure before I spend time editing my game.

D

Deleted User

The game I'm referring to is Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. If I were to modify the music files in the game, and only that, would being able to go online still work? .3ds files are unable to go online, so I want to make sure before I spend time editing my game.
It should, but i don't know if that's very safe. I succeed going online with an edited Pokemon Y rom, but got temp banned from online :/

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm you can go Online with an 3ds file, just rename it to 3dz. I've been doing this all day yesterday and switched almost every music file. You gotta have your own private or a public(risky) header to go online.

D

Deleted User

Umm you can go Online with an 3ds file, just rename it to 3dz. I've been doing this all day yesterday and switched almost every music file. You gotta have your own private or a public(risky) header to go online.
He's talking about .cia

beester87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, he said the 3ds type was unable to go online but didn't see that he mentioned to want it as a cia.
Yes, I'm only using .cia files, which I've heard don't have headers. I'll trying modifying my game then, thanks.

Reactions: Neru
D

Deleted User

Yes, I'm only using .cia files, which I've heard don't have headers. I'll trying modifying my game then, thanks.
It is possible, but it's probably unsafe. I once tried to go online on a pokemon omega ruby rom hack and i got temp banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1