Hacking Is it possible to combine emunands?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two smaller cards each with the same emunand, and each with different games. Is it possible to combine the contents of the two cards onto a larger card?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I tried it before but something went wrong and I gave up on it. See I have a 128gb MSD for my N3DS, and for some reason every CIA installer I try reads most of my CIAs as invalid, when the same CIAs read as valid and install just fine with a smaller card. So my hope is to install what I can onto the smaller card, and then transfer them over to the larger card.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
tumblr_inline_nvrpoexRoj1rakhwm_500.gif

just had to be done...

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a couple that have been recommended, should be able to find it with a simple search within this forum. Plenty of people have upgraded to a 128gb msd card, properly partitioned, and have had no issues. Your's seem to be the 1 in a 500 cases.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I tried it before but something went wrong and I gave up on it. See I have a 128gb MSD for my N3DS, and for some reason every CIA installer I try reads most of my CIAs as invalid, when the same CIAs read as valid and install just fine with a smaller card. So my hope is to install what I can onto the smaller card, and then transfer them over to the larger card.

How much free space do you have on your micro-sd card?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much free space do you have on your micro-sd card?
I can tell where you're goin and I've already been there. I've tried putting 40 GB of CIA's on the card, to take up space, even tried making a partition less than 30 GB, but keep getting the same result. I was able to install a few, but after that, I kept getting an invalid message. I don't know if certain brands are more compatible, or if there's some special way to format a 128. I've asked several times, but apparently no one has tried using one in their 3DS. With the number of games that are out now for it, and ever growing homebrew and emulators that are cropping out, it's only natural that we're gonna need more space. Another possibility may be that the CIA installers aren't properly programmed to deal with such large cards. I really don't know.

I REALLY WISH SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES MYSELF WOULD TEST A 128 GB MSD CARD WITH THEIR 3DS AND POST THEIR RESULTS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey