Homebrew Is it ok to convert 3ds files to cia and install them with fbi?

pakrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello friends. I see a lot of videos about new ban wave and freeshop problem. Is it ok to convert 3ds files to cia and install them with fbi? Is this method risky as long as you play offline?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends. I see a lot of videos about new ban wave and freeshop problem. Is it ok to convert 3ds files to cia and install them with fbi? Is this method risky as long as you play offline?
installing cias with fbi is fine

pakrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
And I wonder one more thing. After installing, if I update them with eshop, will it cause any trouble?

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any safe way to update them?
Use JKSM(Or Checkpoint), pull the save, delete the old cia, download and install cia with updated version and then use JKSM(Or Checkpoint) again to put the save back on the game, a little extensive and I heard from somewhere that you can download the update separately and then pack it into a cia and install it, but I can't confirm it and I haven't found a site that hands out updates in .cia format.

Last edited by Exannor,
Reactions: pakrad

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not hear of a new ban-wave recently, but installing CIA files with FBI should be fine to do. Just don't go launching any applications installed from CIA files online, as apparently the system uploads information about the most recent application opened to Nintendo's servers.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update Ultra Moon and got a Error Code: 005-4800. I also tried going to EShop and got the same thing. I'll try again after restarting my system. After the restart I can update Ultra Moon now.

Last edited by Natural,

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use the ciangel it has the option to create cia files wether its an update or an actual game thats how I updated Azure Gunvolt 2 when its done creating said file it'll be in the ciangel folder

Reactions: pakrad and Natural

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And I wonder one more thing. After installing, if I update them with eshop, will it cause any trouble?
You don't even need the game to install the update (as long as it's a retail game and not an eShop exclusive)
So it should be fine.
Anything is fine. FreeShop no longer works anyway. Any CIA you find online or convert yourself should be fine. There is a chance Nintendo could start cross referencing against your purchase history but that's always been the case and to date they haven't done that.

pakrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks a lot for your answers. I don't have much installed games on 3ds, but I can give the smash bros exemple for updating a game, after I updet it (I was useing sky3ds) I opened game and I saw some gifts etch. was recived. and maybe it added some diffrence on gameplay, accually I just open the game and wanted to see if everything is allright. Thats why I was asking for updating games. But as far as I see a lot of other games does't have any diifrences between updated or not (?). Dlc's are diffrent I guess...

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New ban wave..................New Wave Band!
devo_wide.jpg

Reactions: Itzumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ