Is it Independence day?

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Today America may celebrate their freedom which they're currently working on hard to give up
wink.gif

(Negative me
biggrin.gif
)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Don't turn this into an America-bashing thread or I'll tell mthr.
lecture.gif

Keep it civil.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
not any more it isnt. besides, there cant be aliens or else we wont be saved.
theres no charimatic black guy with a geeky white friend to save us.

maybe barak obama might....
rofl2.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It felt like the movie Independence Day today with this giant f*%k off black cloud over me. Looks like its gonna be a wet day.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wooo! Let's celebrate a random day!

Little fact for some of you who may not know. July 4th is not the day America gained independence.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Round' here, there are stands that sell fireworks. All they do is shoot sparks and stuff. All the good stuff (Exploding ones, things that go into the sky
biggrin.gif
) are illegal...

But ya know... "illegal"
wink.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In north carolina, as long as it don't leave the ground, you're good. I smell a loophole! (and lots of sulfur)

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, everyone here in IL has to travel to the surrounding states (INdy and shit) to buy our Fireworks. I went over to Indiana 3 times this week, to buy fireworks each time (plus gas is almost a full dollar cheaper then it is back in Chicago)
happy.gif

Sadly, our forecast calls for some serious showerin' tonight...
frown.gif
If rain comes tonight, I might be forced to light my 'works inside teh house...
biggrin.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can't actually BUY anything besides snakes n' sparklers (joe dirt lol) here, but like I said if it stays on the ground, It's legal! We go to south carolina to get ours we each (about 4 of us) spent about $70 a person on what we wanted, then we each put $30 in for this MASSIVE rocket thing. I just hope we don't get arrested or have it taken before we light it. But everyone else is doin it, so they can just arrest us all!

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Americans celebrate our successful punking of the British crown (granted, others did it first). Now, let's all listen to Johnny Horton's Battle of New Orleans and celebrate not drving on the wrong side, not subsisting on greasy fish & chips and having straight teeth. Woot!

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can't actually BUY anything besides snakes n' sparklers (joe dirt lol) here, but like I said if it stays on the ground, It's legal! We go to south carolina to get ours we each (about 4 of us) spent about $70 a person on what we wanted, then we each put $30 in for this MASSIVE rocket thing. I just hope we don't get arrested or have it taken before we light it. But everyone else is doin it, so they can just arrest us all!
Yeah, pretty much how it is here too. The cops don't really give a shit the actual day [4th of July] since the whole city is blowing stuff off, in fact, they try harder to pull over people that are coming back into Chicago the morning of the 4th or the night before to confiscate the 'works. Some cops are even known to lurk around behind fireworks warehouses in Indy, spot a car with an Illinois license plate leaving the warehouse parking lot, and follow them, pulling them over once they hit the highway to bust their asses. lollers.

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the local newspaper this morning,

QUOTE said:
Fireworks are illegal except for strictly agricultural purposes.

Yeah, and I can just go to Big Lots and buy a pack of rockets, fountains, and tube mortars for only $30.

Funny how the gov't isn't enforcing this law.

Who's complaining?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lived in Illinois until recently, but now I'm in Florida, and I'm enjoying dirt cheap fireworks! Woohoo

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SAMEE thing. "if it doesnt leave the ground, its ok" and i guess "If it doesnt blow up" so all the cool things that you'd use to blow stuff up is illegal
frown.gif
HOWEVER, in the night EVERYONE is doing it and cops dont do anything about it. Its pretty interesting... I see the sky with flashy lights and helicopters going around, and they dont enforce the law.. interesting..
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)