Is GEN-A/B based from M33? Does it has PSX natively?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Chris_Skylock, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Just wondering if GEN A/B is based from M33. I was thinking of a new PSP2000 since I got a semi-destroyed one given to me by my uncle. It's a TA-085 and I have 5.00 M33-6 CFW on it. So far, when I press the LCD, it's not going to black anymore. I hope it stays like this. If it continues, Im forced to have it repair for Php4,000 or buy a new one and I dont know if I will be having a TA-088v3 above. I hope those bastards at Greenhills will have old stocks with hackable PSP 2000.

Does GEN-A/B for TA-088v3 above support PSX emulation natively? I can play on the 5.00 M33-6 with my FINAL FANTASY IX and I hope it can be migrated on the new PSP 2000 with possible GEN-A CFW.

Does GEN-A/B permanent? I heard that CFW Enabler is just temporary. Is TA-088v3 above fully hackable? All I read are partial hack. WHat's this partial hack? Is this mean the CFW enabler being partial hack?

I think some of my post were asked already as I searched before hitting the POST button. But I dont get anything for other posts

Other post that didnt answered my questions:

GEN having PSX native support
    Origin of GEN
    Permanentality of GEN on a PSP2000/3000 (IS permanentality even a word?)

2. Rucario

Newcomer Rucario Member

Brazil
    GEN IS based on M33 firmware + 5.50 Official FW + Some custom mods. The proof to this is that in older GEN firmwares u can use the network update to download M33 CFW. U can play PSX games, but you'll have to download POPsloader to GEN, just as in M33. About the TA-88v3+: it isn't fully hackable yet. This means you can't write custom firmware to the flash. If you get a TA-88v3 with 5.03 OFW or older, you can hack it through ChickHENR2 + Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60. The problem is: sometimes, chickhen doesn't work, you'll have to try it a few times for it to work.