Is GEN-A/B based from M33? Does it has PSX natively?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Chris_Skylock, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Just wondering if GEN A/B is based from M33. I was thinking of a new PSP2000 since I got a semi-destroyed one given to me by my uncle. It's a TA-085 and I have 5.00 M33-6 CFW on it. So far, when I press the LCD, it's not going to black anymore. I hope it stays like this. If it continues, Im forced to have it repair for Php4,000 or buy a new one and I dont know if I will be having a TA-088v3 above. I hope those bastards at Greenhills will have old stocks with hackable PSP 2000.

Does GEN-A/B for TA-088v3 above support PSX emulation natively? I can play on the 5.00 M33-6 with my FINAL FANTASY IX and I hope it can be migrated on the new PSP 2000 with possible GEN-A CFW.

Does GEN-A/B permanent? I heard that CFW Enabler is just temporary. Is TA-088v3 above fully hackable? All I read are partial hack. WHat's this partial hack? Is this mean the CFW enabler being partial hack?

I think some of my post were asked already as I searched before hitting the POST button. But I dont get anything for other posts

Other post that didnt answered my questions:

GEN having PSX native support
    Origin of GEN
    Permanentality of GEN on a PSP2000/3000 (IS permanentality even a word?)

2. Rucario

Rucario Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    Brazil
    GEN IS based on M33 firmware + 5.50 Official FW + Some custom mods. The proof to this is that in older GEN firmwares u can use the network update to download M33 CFW. U can play PSX games, but you'll have to download POPsloader to GEN, just as in M33. About the TA-88v3+: it isn't fully hackable yet. This means you can't write custom firmware to the flash. If you get a TA-88v3 with 5.03 OFW or older, you can hack it through ChickHENR2 + Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60. The problem is: sometimes, chickhen doesn't work, you'll have to try it a few times for it to work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice